This role can be in Chicago, Houston or Cerritos, Ca
Sr. Manager Application Development
As we transform our core customer technology platforms, we invite you to join the leadership team in enabling the journey!
The primary purpose of the Sr. Manager IT Application Development - PSS (Passenger Services System) position is to lead a TPF (IBM-Transaction Processing Facility) delivery team in the development, implementation and maintenance of Uniteds PSS Platform (SHARES). It is critical that this role establish and maintain strong relationships with key business and technology leaders. This technical leadership role is accountable for the developing the team, managing high quality delivery of critical enterprise projects on schedule, managing service levels for production support and timely responses to production defects or critical incidents.
• Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders
• Act as the key point of contact for the team, and manage the work intake, estimation, prioritization and delivery roadmap
• Responsible for escalating, assisting and following-through on resolution of issues
• related to delivery of technology solutions
• Engage and ensure effective and timely delivery of deliverables and tasks
• Keep lines of communications open and communicate emerging issues, risks and progress in a timely manner with other leaders and stakeholders
Delivery / Support
• Accountable for effective project management and delivery of work requests and projects within committed budget, schedule and quality while also meeting overall department performance goals
• Accountable for identifying needs, securing commitments and monitoring progress of deliverables from internal and external service provider teams
• Lead or coordinate application design for projects and provide detailed cost estimates, resource plans and schedules to project management teams
• Accountable for ensuring technology solutions comply with architectural standards
• Responsible for organizing and maintaining performance of any application issues in accordance with agreed SLA
• Decision making responsibility within the discipline and escalates any issues which cannot be resolved to the Director, Application Development
• Tasked with understanding all the operating policies and procedures of the enterprise
People & Administrative Functions:
• Define, prioritize, allocate resources, track and provide status reporting of work assignments, projects, programs
• Resource management for the projects/programs – including managing delivery through and performance of third-party suppliers
• Conduct regular team / status meetings with team members
• Performance management and development of the team members
• Responsible for department and individual performance assessments and improvement plans.