The Quality Control Supervisor is responsible for the day to day operation of the Quality Control department under the direction of the Director Quality Control/Chief Inspector The Quality Control Supervisor is responsible for creating and maintaining a safe work environment, assuring compliance with regulatory requirements, managing costs/labor budgets, and delivering a quality product on time.
1. Responsible to oversee and coordinate with the Lead Inspectors in directing, planning and laying out details of inspection standards, methods and procedures used by the repair station in complying with all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, Department of Defense standards, customer and manufacturer’s specifications.2. Complete general surveillance of all activities and, in particular, the Lead Inspectors to ensure behaviors and practices that foster compliance are utilized and Inspectors are engaged in the process.
3. Provide supervision for all day-to-day Inspection operations and operating results. Areas include Receiving Inspection, Aircraft Inspection, NDT, Aircraft Records and Production Control
4. Ensure aircraft and surrounding areas are in a safe condition for the work being assigned.
5. Evaluate, develop and administer continuous improvement throughout facility.
6. Ensure proper scheduling of manpower and proper skills levels for all inspection functions through coordination with Project and Quality Management.
7. Ensure mandatory reporting requirements are met in accordance with customer and/or FAA requirements.
8. Provide quality oversight and direct interface with the Project Manager to ensure operational needs are met within regulatory and customer requirements.
9. Maintain constant awareness of aircraft delivery requirements to ensure aircraft are delivered in a time manner and without jeopardizing quality or airworthiness requirements.
10. Maintain constant awareness of aircraft induction schedules to ensure adequate inspection coverage during primary inspections. Effectively and efficiently manage overtime requirements.
11. Collect and report to the Director, QC/Chief Inspector all shift performance data in the area of quality, compliance, cost and schedule.
12. Provide guidance and leadership to Lead Inspectors for all shifts. 13. Provide conflict resolution for all shifts in all areas of responsibility. Professionalism and tactfulness is essential for performing this function. 14. Administer disciplinary action to assigned personnel, as appropriate and required in accordance with the HSS Human Resources policies and procedures.
15. Correct time keeping errors for assigned personnel as required.
Investigate, validate and develop root cause analysis for corrective action requests. This includes late finds and rejected tasks generated by QC.
16. Assure all aircraft work document errors for assigned inspectors are corrected in a timely manner.
17. Ensure nondestructive test (NDT) inspections are coordinated and scheduled as required.
18. Responsible for making final airworthiness decisions on behalf of the repair station and those decisions represent the position of the repair station during the absence of the Director, QC/Chief Inspector.
19. Ascertain all inspections are properly performed on all completed work before it is released to the owner/operator and proper inspection records, reports and forms used by the repair station are properly executed.
20. Ensure accountability to conduct themselves within all guidelines of company, FAA and customer policies, work rules and regulations [ex: Repair Station Quality Manual (RSQM), Airworthiness Agreements, etc.]
21. Be authorized to act on behalf of the repair station.
1. Assist in the training of other employees as well as assisting them in the performance of their job assignments through coaching, counseling and guidance.2. Act as the Director, QC/Chief Inspector when required and if qualified.
3. Interface effectively with members of management, other departments and co-workers.
4. Maintain clean and organized work area.
5. Perform other work as instructed by the Director, QC/Chief Inspector.