The Compliance Manager will report to the Finance organization of Boeing (Zhoushan) Completion Center Limited Company located in Comprehensive Bonded Zone (CBZ) and Free Trade Zone (FTZ) in Zhoushan, China.
The Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring efficient and compliant export-import related business operation of the company through followings:
- Develop and execute project and process plans, set operational goals in line with business objectives, acquire resources for implementation of projects in compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as external regulatory requirements, and ensure the progress and improvement.
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with customers, suppliers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Manage, develop and motivate employees. Lead employees providing guidance, authorization, coordination, processes, procedures, internal controls, oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
- Through strategic engagement with key business leaders and government regulators, develops, optimizes, and delivers compliant and efficient export-import solutions for CBZ and Non-bonded operations where applicable.
- Analyzes applicability of global trade control requirements, develops innovative CBZ and Non-bonded export-import plans, goals, tools, procedures, and processes that are aligned to business objectives.
- Proactively identifies regulatory requirements and documentation, obtains export-import authorization or exemption where required, and ensures approved terms and conditions are fully complied.
- Implements plans to ensure business, technical and customer requirements are achieved. Assigns authority and responsibilities to employees to execute the plan. Reviews plans execution, makes appropriate adjustments, and resolves issues. Monitors appropriate metrics to ensure performance to plan. Achieves goals for productivity, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Identifies opportunities to improve export-import processes, tools, and performance of customs brokers, acquires resources including management approval and budget, and ensures work statement of improvement project is completed on schedule and budget.
- Develop effective communication plans for providing expertise guidance, proactively keep the affected stakeholders up-to-date with various export-import regulations.
- Provides role clarity and expectation. Manages and leads the compliance team to accomplish the day-to-day CBZ and Non-bonded customs related business operation.
- Develops plans, processes and tools to provide guidance, authorization and oversight on performance of the customs brokers.
- Coaches, counsels, mentors and provides developmental opportunities and job assignments to enhance employee performance and expand capabilities. Provides on-going developmental feedback. Recognizes contributions of individuals and teams to improve employee satisfaction and retain a skilled and motivated workforce.
- Identifies potential risks, forecasts and leverage applicable resources needed, develops risk mitigation plans, and resolve export-import control issues timely.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with businesses and functions within the company as well as regulators, industrial partners, freight forwarders, and customs brokers outside of the company.
- Establishes a system for maintaining documents and records relating to exports or imports to meet the regulatory record keeping requirements;
- Develops and executes effectively assessment and audit process of pre and post Customs entry compliance, conducts gap analyses, and initiates corresponding correction action by engaging appropriate level of stakeholders.
- Expertise on customs-related areas, e.g. customs valuation, tariff classification, customs privilege regimes, and especially regulatory requirements for Free Trade Zone (FTZ) , Comprehensive Bonded Zone(CBZ), or Customs Bonded environment
- In-depth experience of dealing with CBZ/FTZ customs authorities and other regulatory agencies in areas of customs clearance, CIQ inspection, E-Handbook management, duty drawback, and other special scheme specific to CBZ/FTZ operation.
- At least 8 years of technical customs experience and 5 years’ working experience in a management or leadership role
- Demonstrated written and verbal competency in English
- Bachelor (or above) degree with a major in International Trade, International logistic Management, or Customs Affairs Management.
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Work, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.,)
- In-depth experience of customs affairs management especially with regards to Free Trade Zone, Comprehensive Bonded Zone, or other Customs Bonded environment.
- Abundant knowledge of customs laws/regulations in China as well as outside of China.
- Competency of dealing with Customs authorities and other regulatory agencies.
- Strong relationship building/maintaining skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong capability of analyzing and resolving unexpected customs problem in a timely manner.
- Strong capability of forecasting, judging, and preventing/mitigating risks
- Strategic and innovative mindset
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethical standards, and a track record of working successful under pressure in a time-constrained environment
Flexibility in work hours;
Business travel maybe required.