U-2 Platform SME - Functional Analyst
General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking candidate that will act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) contract support for the U-2 Program at Headquarters United States Air Force (USAF) at the Pentagon Washington D.C.
We are seeking a Principal Analyst to assist the high-altitude ISR platform Functional Manager:
- Plans, formulates, implements and evaluates policy/guidance, and provides oversight to Major Commands (MAJCOMs) regarding platform capabilities, requirements, organization and training to carry out high altitude ISR missions.
- Coordinates with Air Staff, Joint Staff, and Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) working groups.
- This position requires the incumbent to draft executive level correspondence, provide briefings to senior AF and DoD officials, and be proactive in developing solutions to complex challenges.
- Some travel may be required.
- This position may also be required to train military, government civilian or contractor personnel.
- Provides education and guidance on all aspects of Air Staff Action Officer duties to include capabilities based assessments, Air Force and Joint Requirements Oversight Council requirements management processes and DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) system tasks for the U-2 program and related operations. When required, accomplishes the duties of the U-2 Functional Manager and/or PEM.
- Provides scientific, engineering, technical and administrative support to the sustainment and evolution of the U-2 Platform with a view towards end-to-end capability. Assembles and maintains library of applicable U-2 program documents and reference materials.
- BS degree or 10 years military/equivalent experience in the discipline.
- HQ Staff experience (HQ Staff or MAJCOM equivalent)
- Extensive experience working Air Staff issues with OSD, JCS, COCOMs and MAJCOMs.
- Engineering and/or operational U-2/RQ-4 background to support continued evolution of the U-2 Program.
- 10 or more years general experience with at least 6 years of specialized experience with Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR). Previous U-2 or RQ-4 Functional or Program Element Monitor (PEM) experience at the HQ USAF or MAJCOM HQ level.
- Security Clearance: Top Secret / SCI eligibility (required to start), CI Polygraph (desired to start)
- 10 years of Air Force experience as a U-2 or RQ-4 pilot. Experience with staff and operations at the 9th Reconnaissance Wing located at Beale Air Force Base, California.
- Highly developed written and oral presentation skills; prior experience interacting with DoD and AF senior level leaders.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC