Vice President of Operations
Western Airways, Inc •
As a key member of the executive leadership team, the Vice President of Operations provides the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that Western Airways, Inc. has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The Vice President of Operations partners with operations leaders to help drive operational efficiencies with a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of Western Airways, Inc.COMPANY INFORMATION:
Western Airways, Inc. was formed in 1974 as a one-pilot, one-aircraft operation to become one of the largest and most respected Aircraft Charter, Management and Maintenance companies in the nation which is now based out of Sugar Land, TX. The Company has provided professional and dependable air charter flights and aircraft services to a long and distinguished list on National and International companies as well as private individuals, entrepreneurs and prominent politicians. With the assistance of our Safety Management System, Western has operated with an unblemished safety record. Aircraft maintenance is always a priority. All Western aircraft are maintained at the highest standards for safety and security.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides day‐to‐day leadership and oversight to Western Airways, Inc. that mirrors our mission and core values to drive the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, and other business goals and objectives.
- Partners with the President and CEO and other leaders to establish the strategic vision in support of the company’s profitability and growth aspirations.
- Fosters a safety‐oriented, accountable environment throughout the organization.
- Ensures that all operating units are meeting or exceeding performance expectations, making adjustments as needed, to improve performance with a focus on operational efficiencies and continuous improvement.
- Ensures that key metrics are in place to regularly measure the company’s attainment of operational and financial objectives.
- Provides leadership on strategic issues such as policy, operational projects, capital expenditures, contracts, systems and commitments financially obligating the company.
- Serves as the lead on capital expenditure planning and justification including aircraft, facilities, or other major investments.
- Develops and implements plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the ever changing needs of the organization.
- Serves as a change agent while ensuring employee engagement and delivery of reliable service to customers.
- Spearheads the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes as needed.
- Develops strategic partnerships within the organization, with external executive level management, outside regulatory agencies, vendors, and/or suppliers.
- Prepares and make presentations to the leadership team on the operating condition of the company.
- Plays a key leadership role in merger and acquisition activities.
- Motivates, leads, and develops a high performance leadership team, which includes operational Managers in Flight, and Maintenance Operations.
- Plans for and implements actions to ensure the recruiting and retention of pilots needed to support the business needs.
- Oversees and manages the professional development and results of the operations staff members, monitors succession plans, and ensures goals and project requirements are met.
- Represents Western with clients, vendors, business partners, and others.
- 15+ years operational management experience, including 5 or more years at the senior leadership level required.
- P & L responsibility at a similarly sized organization.
- Proven track record in formulating strategy to execute and deliver results.
- Demonstrable experience as a change agent, with systems or operational process implementation, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Previous aviation experience, including oversite of flight operations, maintenance and cargo operation is required.
- Outstanding business acumen, including financial planning, management and analysis, and critical thinking and decision making.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with other leaders, demonstrating integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Experience in dynamic, growing organizations with demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and delivering results through people and systems.
- Experience with acquisitions and integrations is helpful.
- Experience working in highly regulated operational environment (FAA, TSA, DOT etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a strong ability to communicate well with all levels and personalities as well as deliver presentations to large and small groups.
- Highly collaborative and effective at building partnerships as a shared service provider.
- Upward mobility to grow within the organization into leadership roles of increasing responsibility.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
Job Ident #: