MRO Flight Inspector
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
• Inspect and verify proper operation of all aircraft systems to ensure the safety and airworthiness of aircraft prior to release for flight-testing and/or certification. Perform final inspections of completed aircraft and/or related components and systems in accordance with CFRs and engineering specifications, and issue Aircraft Return to Service.
- Perform progressive and final inspections of subassemblies, major assemblies, installations, and related components to ensure compliance with engineering specifications and drawings in accordance with the quality system for modification, production, or refurbishment.
• Perform progressive and final inspections of sheet metal subassemblies, major assemblies, installations, and related components to ensure compliance with engineering specifications/drawings
• Document discrepancies, determine cause, and coordinate resolution with assigned area of Production, Methods, Engineering, and/or Material Review Board (MRB) as appropriate and applicable. Also work with Production and associated support groups to provide advice and improvement ideas.
• Ensure all inspection paperwork and logs are complete and comply with quality system and engineering requirements
• Verify conformity and ensure compliance of production visual aids and methods technical instructions with engineering specifications
• Assist other inspectors in the performance of their duties within area(s) of qualification
• Conform Details, Sub-Assemblies, Assemblies, Installations and ground Functional Tests in accordance with Engineering Specifications and to Methods Technical Instructions and Processes (Refer to CFR part 21.33). This includes verification of conformity within planning documents to most current design and assembly information per assigned aircraft effectivity.
• Follow Code of Federal Regulations applicable for Aircraft Certification and Production
• Inspect aircraft to the requirements of the Applicable Quality Policy Manual and its Procedures and Instructions.
• Perform complete shakedown of all aircraft sections to ensure proper installation and operation of systems prior to closing of corresponding areas.
• Close out position log books at each stage of assembly and ensure serial/removal log books are completed. This also includes Conformity inspections within current approved Computer databases.
• Ensure required training, certifications and qualifications are current.
• Perform in-process, preliminary, and hidden damage inspection.
• Witness and inspect the assembly, installation and functional test per applicable engineering and refurbishment/modification/production specifications of all components and systems
• Verify discrepancies have been completed or properly resolved prior to flight for Bombardier Aircraft for the CAA and or FAA
• Prepare and maintain files (maintenance records, inspection records, aircraft logs, functional test procedures)
• Weigh completed aircraft and initiate applicable weight and balance forms per engineering specifications and quality policy manual
• Perform final inspections of aircraft interior and paint to a customer ready level
• Perform final inspection and return to service on aircraft in repair station.
As our ideal candidate,
• You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience inspecting major aircraft systems
• You have at least 1 year mechanical inspection and/or avionics/electrical installation inspection experience preferred
• You hold an Airframe and Power plant certificate
• You have the ability to read and interpret engineering documents
• You have interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals and departments
• You have the ability to use and interpret a variety of precision measurement instruments for example, micrometers and calipers
• You have the ability to read and write in English
• You have the ability to obtain required certifications & qualifications & annually recertify – Solder, Torque, ESD, Bonding, Oxygen
• You have working knowledge of major aircraft systems and assemblies
• You have at least 1 year conforming aircraft and products - preferred
• You have functional test knowledge on aircraft (ie, cabin air and fuel systems pressure checking, and resistance checking).
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC