As the AOG manager you will be part of the FEAM AOG team with accountability and a primary focus on AOG and significant maintenance activities in CVG. This is a hands-on position with planning and administrative responsibilities. The CVG based AOG manager will report to the Director of AOG and work seamlessly with the CVG based Director of Maintenance, Hangar and Line Maintenance Managers and will be responsible for the accomplishment of all work assigned in accordance with policies, procedures, requirements and specifications established by the Company, Customer, Regulatory agencies, and aircraft manufacturers as contained in the Approved Technical Publications.
Must be experienced and proficient in the removal, replacement, adjustment, rigging and test of:
- CF6 Series, PW JT9, PW4000, and GEnx engines
- To include troubleshooting, VSV/VBV rigging, vibration survey & rectification etc.
- Flight Controls
- L2/R2 Windows
- Passenger entry doors
- Cargo doors
- Landing Gear Strut repack
- Troubleshooting all ATA’s as required
Must be competent and capable of:
- Planning work, manpower, materials & equipment
- Leading the AOG recoveries (hands on)
- Providing OJT to Technicians
- Articulating and communicating AOG recovery timelines to the Customer and to the Leadership Team
- Travel as required throughout North America for AOG recoveries when required
- Will be in control and accountable for the personnel and recovery of all AOG’s assigned
- Will perform all work assigned in accordance with approved Company maintenance procedures, Customer procedures and Regulatory procedures.
- Will be responsible for recording work performed and will assume responsibility for work performed.
- Will report immediately any un-airworthy conditions discovered during maintenance.
- Will perform all work assigned in a safe manner
- Maintain currency on all FEAM/Customer related training, read and signs and access company email daily.
- Perform routine maintenance and airworthiness releases (within scope of Approval) returning aircraft to service.
- Troubleshoot systems; disassemble, repair, and reassemble sections and components to maintain full functioning equipment according to Approved Technical Data provided by the customer.
- Maintain work area, tooling, equipment, and vehicles in cleanly manner, ensuring safe working conditions.Review and completely understand the FEAM RSM, QAM, TPM, SOP, EASA and FEAM FAA D107 Ops Spec & A449 FAA Acceptance of Drug/Alcohol Program.
- Ensure all departing aircraft are safe in accordance with FAR’s and the air carrier/manufacturer manuals and all work performed is properly documented.
- Make Computer entries to the customer’s online system as required.
- Attend all Company training and Customer training as assigned.
- Ensures all manuals and Approved Technical Publications used during maintenance are at the most current revision status.
- Will maintain and utilize Personal Protective Equipment issued by FEAM as appropriate.
- Will operate Boom lifts, High lifts, fork-lifts, and company vehicles as required