Propulsion Additive Manufacturing Technician
Manufacturing and Production - Technicians and Trade Skills
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PROPULSION ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN - 2ND SHIFT
- Setup and operate a variety of metal 3D printers
- Monitor and record operational information on specified production reports such as recoat levels, issues, material consumption rate, and completion dates
- Troubleshoot mechanical, optical laser, electrical, and build issues
- Independently perform verifications on completed parts to ensure conformance and document results in a clear, precise, and complete manner
- Perform post print operations including powder and support removal, cleaning, and part handling
- Follow work orders, procedures, specifications, and test instructions
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly preventative maintenance
- Provide process improvement feedback and implement solutions
- Assist Engineers with setup and fabrication of new and current 3D printers
- Create issue tickets based on quality standards and perform quality work based on engineering disposition
Experience in a manufacturing, fabrication, assembly or testing environmentMust be proficient in hand, power, and pneumatic tools such as drills, chisels, calipers, micrometers, taps and diesExperience with operating one or more of the following: surface grinders, vertical mills, lathes, media blasters, cranes, or forklifts
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with operating metal 3D printers and knowledge of associated hazards
- Experience with Additive Manufacturing (AM) principles
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience interpreting engineering drawings
- Experience using NX/Teamcenter
- This role requires working from 3 PM to 1:30 AM
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs unassisted
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends when needed
- Must be willing to work around potentially hazardous material; Respiratory equipment and flame retardant PPE may be required
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)