At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Located at Bradley International Airport, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Hartford Service Center offers a great place to learn from the best in business aviation. Established in February, 1981 as a 70,000 sq ft facility now boasts 198,000 sq ft. It is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands and Mexico. The facility has received 19 consecutive FAA Diamond Awards and is actively involved in the Hartford community, spearheading programs to create awareness about aviation maintenance among local students and to help close the gender gap in the industry.
The Aircraft Mechanic troubleshoots, repairs, inspects and performs maintenance on customer aircraft. Performs and documents all work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required.
In your role, you will:
- Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements (Factory, Shop and / or Hanger positions)
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft
- Perform and document work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- Operate ground support equipment
- Assist with off-aircraft component repair
- Perform mechanical / electrical removals and installations
- Comply with Environmental / Health / Safety policies and procedures. Perform all work in a safe manner
- Work within allotted times with no re-work
- Participate in 5-S
- Order parts in SAP
- May assist with maintenance at off-site locations
- May provide Time Estimates
- May perform complex repairs on aircraft systems
- Assist other maintenance disciplines
- Assist with fuel and / or de-fuel of aircraft
- Assist with engine runs
- Assist with APU runs
- Assist with engine removal / installation
- Train, coach and support other employees
- Perform other duties as assigned
As our ideal candidate:
- You typically have a minimum of 3 years aircraft maintenance work experience or substantiated equivalent experience
- You have basic PC skills and knowledge of MS office applications
- You have the ability to effectively train other employees
- Typically one (1) year corporate / commercial jet experience - preferred
- Ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings – preferred
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC