At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) capability is currently seeking AssociateSystems Engineers to support a portfolio of fixed wing and weapons programs in St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, or Huntsville, AL.
We are specifically seeking engineers with experience in one of the following three disciplines: Reliability & Maintainability (R&M), Human Factors Engineering, and/or Onboard Health Management.
Reliability & Maintainability:
- Analyze customer provided requirements and develop Reliability and Maintainability (R&M) program plans that achieve customer objectives.
- Allocate top level requirements to design team specifications and work statements, develop R&M predictions, and track performance.
- Analyze system and individual part parameters to develop projected product utilization and calculate cumulative effect on final system reliability.
- Perform failure mode, effects and criticality analysis (FMECA) and formulate mathematical models to identify items posing excessive failure and safety risks and propose changes in design and maintenance strategies.
- Support failure reporting and corrective action system (FRACAS) development and other root-cause corrective action (RCCA) activity.
- Participate on design teams, provide guidance and recommendations to designers and management to ensure reliability and maintainability objectives are achieved.
Onboard Health Management:
- Develop Testability models from schematics, FMECAs, ICDS and other available supplier documentation to assess compliance to customer fault detection/isolation requirements.
- Run scripts to translate these models into a form that is executable logic on the aircraft, and simulates the intended operation.
- Work with the real-time software development team to integrate the resulting executable applications into the Mission Computing hardware.
- Establish and translate requirements into hardware and software for health management functionality.
- Assess the effectiveness of system health technologies.
Human Factors Engineering:
- Requirements development; design documentation including software interface design/analyses and collaboration to facilitate equipment selection, design and arrangement.
- Collaborate across Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and coordinate with the customer and user communities.
- Apply a knowledge of military standards (such as MIL-STD-1472, MIL-STD-1474, MIL-STD-1787, MIL-STD-3009, MIL-STD-411F and JSSG-2010 requirements) to meet program requirements.
- Demonstrate ideas to stakeholders through the use of tools such as concept models, sketches, wireframes and prototypes.
- Define display and lighting requirements for human perception.
- Conduct ergonomic assessments and applying knowledge of human physical limitations.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship (Post-Start).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Ability to obtain a US Secret Security Clearance (Post Start)
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- More than 1 year of engineering experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in the aerospace or defense industry
- More than 2 years of Reliability and Maintainability (R&M), System Safety, and/or Human Factors experience
- Masters degree and course work in Statistics
- Electrical Engineering degree and/or course work
- Prior Military experience
- Experience conducting Usability Studies, Workload Studies and Situation Awareness Studies
- Experience utilizing research methods and empirical statistics in a limited subject availability environment
- Experience in conducting goal-directed, hierarchical, and critical tasks analysis
- Experience conducting traditional and multivariate anthropometric studies and measurement
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, MATLAB/Simulink, Boeing RAMC, and Vanderbilt FACT run time reasoning tools
- Experience with MIL-HDBK-217F Reliability Prediction Electronic Equipment
- Experience with Rome Air Development Center AD-A153 744 Reliability Derating Procedure
- Experience with MIL-STD-1629 Rev A Procedure for performing a Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis