At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
We are seeking a Machine Learning and/or Artificial Intelligence researcher, who has a passion for developing innovative data analytics solutions. This is a ground floor opportunity for candidates to work with industry leading Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in developing next generation engineering analytics solutions for aerospace applications. You will work on projects that improve aircraft performance, increase operational efficiency of aircraft fleet operators and improve the travel experience of passengers. Your creative and intellectual skills will be used to develop innovative, nonstandard advanced analytical approaches and algorithms for fleet optimization and advanced health management. Additionally, you will develop data mining approaches reconciling parametric system and flight characteristic data that was collected in the fleet management process.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Practical analytics experience using languages such as R, Python, Julia, or Java.
- Experience developing methodologies and application rules/constraints for mathematical approaches such as classification and regression methods, neural networks, Kalman filtering, Bayesian methods, causal or physical models, etc.
- Practical analytics experience using languages such as R, Python, Julia, or Matlab.
- Desire to collaborate and innovate in an Agile software development environment.
- Grasp of object oriented design practices and patterns.
- Strong technical skills and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be currently enrolled in a PhD program.
Relocation benefits are available to eligible candidates.
In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.