The Boeing Company is currently seeking Development Spiral Lead for C2BMC 8.2-1, 8.2-3, and 8.2-5 spirals working in either Colorado Springs, Colorado or Huntsville, Alabama. The selected candidate will be responsible for coordinating and leading the efforts of a multi-faceted team developing a complex missile defense command and control system.
- Monitor and coordinate all DEV activities for multiple Task Orders
- Develop and execute schedules
- Assess progress and report status to DEV and TO Leadership
- Act as the technical interface with the Government
- Work issues that arise within the Development organization
- Work with other Functional Areas to plan and execute C2BMC releases
- Interface with the Dev Architects, Domain Engineers, and communicate DEV priorities to the Development Technical Area Leads
- Work with the Technical Area Leads to resolve resource and/or schedule conflicts between the spirals
- Support preparation and presentation of briefings and demonstrations to customer.
- The candidate is required to support the accomplishment of Earned Value Management, by working closely with the CAMs providing the supporting information to assess EV performance, and prepare variances and ETCs.
Basic (Required) Experience:
- A current United States Secret Clearance is required for this position.
- Experience leading and managing cross functional teams in the development and integration of distributed, real-time software systems.
- Demonstrated experience in performing development management in a large, complex Development program.
- Proven leadership experience with full life cycle development on large, integrated DoD systems, including requirements development and interpretation, design, implementation and test, fielding and maintenance.
- Candidate is required to have extensive development experience.
- Preferred candidate will have demonstrated experience in leading a large (50+ person) organization.
- Preferred candidate will have demonstrated experience using metrics to manage a large development organization.
- Working knowledge of Ballistic Missile Defense concepts, Battle Management and Command and Control (BM/C2) systems, defense communications systems, and the BMDS is highly desired.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelors 14 or more years experience, Masters with 12 or more years experience or PhD with 9 or more years experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position and it is not a negotiable benefit.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.