Computer Scientists (R0038317): 34850
STS Technical Services •
STS Technical Services is hiring Computer Scientists in Falls Church, Virginia.
Duties, Experience, Skills, Requirements, and Information:
This position is responsible for software development, testing, and interface for the newest version of the Real-Time Telemetry Processing System (RTPSV). Work will be performed within the Telemetry Systems Branch of the Atlantic Test Range, Patuxent River, MD.
- Execute software engineering tasks, including developing and documenting new coding and algorithms
- Application development in C++/MFC
- Use Visual Studio, Java, Assembly, and other software engineering tools while applying best software engineering practices
- Write technical documentation for development efforts to include Design Documents, Test Plans, and Help Files
- Work independently to accomplish tasking, while also maintaining a team-oriented focus that promotes collaboration in the overall planning and execution of RTPSV applications
- Other Experience, Skills, Requirements, and Information:
- Knowledgeable in computer software/hardware, automated data processing systems, and computer systems interfacing
- Experience in C++ desired
- Experience in Java, Assembly, Visual Studio, and MFC is beneficial
- OpenGL knowledge is a plus, but not essential
- Familiarity with RTPS system architecture is a plus
- Some travel may be required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- All candidates will be required to pass Drug Screenings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university
- Ability to obtain and maintain US DoD Top Secret Security clearance, throughout employment.
Our benefits and perks include:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
- Tuition and training assistance program
- Wellness program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid vacation and sick leave & 10 Paid Holidays
- Mobile phone service discount / Discounted Gym Memberships
Conditions will vary. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings, but some outside work may be required. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching. Applicant should be capable of lifting 50-100 lbs. assisted by other employees. Vision abilities needed to perform this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.ZR
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)