At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Purpose: Data Architect for the DAIX team
Team: The Data Architect will be part of the Data Analytics and Information Exploitation (DAIX) team which is split across sites in Bristol and Milton Keynes. The team is currently on contract to deliver an enterprise data warehouse project for an external customer as well delivering data exploitation capabilities for our Platform programmes.
The Data Architect will lead the development of complex conceptual and logical definitions and specifications for data across the programmes. Working in a multi-disciplinary team, they will be responsible for ensuring that the data architecture solution is optimised and meets the requirements of the project. Additionally, the Data Architect will:
- Direct and coordinate activities to identify, evaluate and interpret requirements for data integration and data mining.
- Lead activities to develop complex semantic model elements.
- Lead data audit activities and assist with development of processes to ensure data accuracy.
- Develop, normalise, validate and maintain configuration control of complex data models. - Lead activities to reverse engineering of data models to determine data structure of applications. Develops new methods for data modelling and reverse engineering.
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers and partners. Provide oversight and detailed knowledge of approaches, products, tools and processes.
- Mentor and develop other team members.
Requirements for the Role
- The Data Architect will ideally have significant experience of data warehousing and military logistic systems. A knowledge of aircraft maintenance or engineering would be beneficial. The candidate must be able to work cross multiple projects simultaneously, be a good team player and have strong communication skills.
- Ideally educated to a Degree level or equivalent
- Experience working in an IT or IT related environment
- Must have Security Clearance
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate must have current SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE