At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Data Scientist IV leads cross-functional teams to determine, define and deploy complex predictive/prescriptive analytic solutions to meet business objectives. Evaluates business objectives and determines stakeholder needs. Chooses best fit methods, defines algorithms, validates and deploys models to achieve business results. Performs necessary data preparation and enhancements to models at our Plano, TX location.
- Works within a framework of accountability under general or broad direction depending on level. Uses discretion in identifying and responding to complex issues and assignments. Plans own work to meet given objectives and processes. Determines when issues should be escalated to a higher level
- Knowledgeable of how the business and organization operates; knowledgeable of policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and organization; understands the competition and the marketplace. Understands how to accomplish tasks through formal channels and informal network; understands the cultures of organizations. Applies this information in a way that contributes to the organizations strategic plan and bottom line.
- Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem. Plans and coordinates development activities and/or the transfer of knowledge.
- Influences customers, suppliers, partners, and others on the contribution of own specialism. Builds effective business relationships. Makes decisions that influence the success of project and team objectives.
- Discovers new opportunities and solutions for problems by looking beyond current practices and using innovative thinking. Tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Demonstrates broad organizational awareness by accurately perceiving organizational, political, and social dynamics and trends.
- The ability to achieve desired outcomes on projects, on-time and within budget. Ability to define the project, design and plan the project, and manage the project team. Ability to control and deliver project deliverables, project accounting and appraisal, and optimize the contribution of the people involved.
- Knowledge in data analysis algorithms (e.g. data mining, statistics, machine learning, natural language processing, text mining, visual analytics). Ability to design and create new algorithms for the analysis of data to address project requirements. Ability to evaluate the performance of data analysis algorithms. Ability to select and apply algorithms to meet application requirements.
- Knowledge of multiple information technology areas.
- Ability to use extensive and well recognized expertise in a wide variety of areas related to industry and program/product/process workings to provide consulting services to organizations and all levels of management
- Ability to use a variety of techniques and tools to analyze the data stored in databases, data warehouses and/or data marts. Presents interpretable results in a format understood by the business.
- Knowledge of research tools (e.g., search engines, library databases), methods (e.g., search parameters), and appropriate resources (e.g., external experts) to gather needed data.
- Ability to apply knowledge of 2D and/or 3D computer graphics to generate data representation and to communicate information. Ability to build animated graphics--graphic simulations simulating how systems work. Understanding of visual analytics tools and research. Background and familiarity with algorithms for image processing. Knowledge of multiple programming languages and operating systems to develop prototypes in this technology area. Ability to integrate hardware and software components into demonstrations.
- Cleans, messages, and organizes big data.
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience, 13 years related work experience, etc.). Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.