At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
The Data Scientist V develops integrated roadmaps for analytics capability development leveraging internal and external resources. Determines strategies for the progression of analytics to align with business focus and priorities. Leads cross-functional teams that determine, define and deploy highly complex predictive/prescriptive analytic solutions to meet business goals. Evaluates business objectives, determines stakeholder needs and identifies requirements. Chooses best fit methods, defines algorithms, validates and deploys models to achieve business results. Performs necessary data preparation and enhancements to models. Creates and develops new methodologies to address unmet analysis needs in our Plano, TX location.
- Knowledgeable of how the business and organization operates; knowledgeable of policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and organization; understands the competition and the marketplace. Understands how to accomplish tasks through formal channels and informal network; understands the cultures of organizations. Applies this information in a way that contributes to the organizations strategic plan and bottom line.
- Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem. Plans and coordinates development activities and/or the transfer of knowledge.
- Performs a range of complex technical and/or professional activities. Investigates, defines, and resolves complex issues using a methodical approach to issue definition and resolution. Understands the relationship between own specialism and wider customer/organizational requirements.
- Influences customers, suppliers, partners, and others on the contribution of own specialism. Builds effective business relationships. Makes decisions that influence the success of project and team objectives.
- Discovers new opportunities and solutions for problems by looking beyond current practices and using innovative thinking. Tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Possesses ability and willingness to learn from experience, and then applies that learning to perform successfully under new situations
- The ability to achieve desired outcomes on projects, on-time and within budget. Ability to define the project, design and plan the project, and manage the project team. Ability to control and deliver project deliverables, project accounting and appraisal, and optimize the contribution of the people involved.
- Knowledge in data analysis algorithms (e.g. data mining, statistics, machine learning, natural language processing, text mining, visual analytics). Ability to design and create new algorithms for the analysis of data to address project requirements. Ability to evaluate the performance of data analysis algorithms. Ability to select and apply algorithms to meet application requirements.
- Skill and ability to: collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
- Ability to use extensive and well recognized expertise in a wide variety of areas related to industry and program/product/process workings to provide consulting services to organizations and all levels of management
- Ability to perform advanced data analysis. Ability to assess requirements and select appropriate algorithms. Ability to create descriptive statistics and mathematical models to solve analysis problems. Ability to employ artificial intelligence or knowledge based approaches. Ability to evaluate the performance of the models. Ability to interpret data analysis results.
- Knowledge of research tools (e.g., search engines, library databases), methods (e.g., search parameters), and appropriate resources (e.g., external experts) to gather needed data.
- Ability to build computing systems from a variety of components to provide a business solution. Includes the ability to integrate application components and databases across computing platforms.
- Cleans, messages, and organizes big data.
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years related work experience, Master+12 years related work experience, 18 years related work experience, etc.). Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.