Development Test Specialist
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
DEVELOPMENT TEST SPECIALIST
- Assist in the design and fabrication of test fixtures and test setups and test stands (both small and large tests)
- Independently fabricate instrumentation and wire harnesses for ground support electro-mechanical test equipment and spaceflight harnesses that connect to test articles
- Perform tests with engineers according to test procedures. Provide data and preliminary test results
- Collaborate with engineers to develop and document test procedures
- 5+ years of experience working in a hands-on technical position
- 1+ years of experience performing electronic testing and inspection using portable measuring devices
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in research and development or other fast-paced technical environment
- Experience with test operations procedures including hydraulic load control, hydro/pneumatic pressure control, and safe handling of flight parts
- Ability to read electro-mechanical schematics to accomplish checkouts
- Ability to troubleshoot programs and systems and determine root causes and implement fixes
- Ability to install and use test instrumentation sensors, including: strain gages, deflection gages, pressure transducers, load cells, thermocouples, RTDs, accelerometers, and analog circuitry
- Ability to fabricate and repair cable harnesses including: soldering, crimping, assembling connectors
- Ability to read mechanical assembly drawings and blue prints
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and ability to navigate and manipulate files
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Ability to solve complex problems with minimal supervision on tight schedules
- Ability to take project goals inputs and works towards that end-goal beyond individual task assignment
- Ability to work at elevated heights occasionally (scissor lifts and articulated boom lifts).
- Physical effort including standing, lifting, and carrying equipment up to 30 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to work in outdoor environments as needed
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC