At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Engineering is at the heart of everything we do at Boeing. We are currently seeking experienced Structural Analysts (Level 3) to help us solve our customer’s toughest problems. Our experienced Structural Analysts use their enthusiasm, curiosity and creativity to solve challenging problems that connect with the daily work goals of the project, program, business units, and the enterprise. Solving these difficult problems involves working with a multi-disciplinary team under general direction, ensuring structural integrity of the product through a variety of analysis methods and tools, and documenting and presenting the analysis results for customer and regulatory approval.
Structural Analysts play a key role in creating innovative solutions that move individual teams, Boeing, and our customers forward. These exciting positions are located in St. Louis, MO, supporting multiple current and emerging aircraft and weapons programs in the Strike, Surveillance and Mobility and Phantom Works business units.
Structural Analysts use a variety of analytical methods, finite element models / simulations, hand calculations, and other analysis tools throughout the product life-cycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance. These include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and documenting structural requirements.
- Shaping product / part design by determining appropriate structural sizing and material choice.
- Developing test plans and configurations, supporting test execution and analyzing/reporting test results to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Defining and documenting certification and test results to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements have been met.
- Supporting production activities through analysis of non-conformances.
- Ensuring structural integrity and airworthiness of operational products used by our customers around the world.
Security Clearance Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Ability to obtain US Security clearance (post-start).
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- 5+ years of experience with structural analysis methods.
- Experience using CAD Software (CATIA, NX, Solidworks, etc.)
- Experience with FEM Software (Patran / Nastran, ABAQUS, Stresscheck, Hyperworks, etc.)
- Prior experience using Product Lifecycle Management Tools (Teamcenter, etc.)
- Strong experience with various communication Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with Boeing analysis tools CAESAR, Common Structures Workstation, Lifeworks and Mechanica.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus.