At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Seeking a spacecraft vehicle engineer (VE) to support daily operations in the end to end technical management of a spacecraft mission. The VE will serve as a focal point for vehicle technical issues and functions, and coordination between site and factory engineering teams. The VE will provide on-site operational support and oversight, and implementation guidance for anomaly resolution and special test activities. The VE will ensure long-term activities are planned and coordinated, and are ready for execution in a timely manner for spacecraft operations or the spacecraft factory provider.
The position includes regular on-call support and occasional support of off-hours activities. The position will involve: Applying an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions. Evaluates customer and /operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces. Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture. Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success. Develops the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
Position Responsibilities for this position include:
- Providing daily oversight of vehicle payload functionality
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
- Reviewing operational logs
- Daily trend plots analysis
- Limit check review
- Support of factory/customer requests for specific monitoring
- Coordinating implementation of Boeing Factory Recommendations
- Coordination of technical issues with local and Factory experts
- Conducting review(s) and closure(s) of discrepancy reports, providing support to the daily Site- Factory interface meeting
- Developing scripts and tools with Perl, Python, Matlab, Excel/VBA, etc
- Updating documentation as required
- Maintaining knowledge of vehicle contingency procedures
- Maintaining current workarounds and memograms
- Maintaining/updating vehicle databases as required
- Supporting memogram development, providing oversight to anomaly resolution from the system perspective
- Support calibration activities as required
- Reviewing and reporting trend analysis
- Support deployments to contingency command and control facilities
- Provide weekly and monthly status of vehicle performance
- Provide vehicle payload specific briefings and written reports as required
- Support of special Systems Engineering tests and transition related activities
This position requires the ability to obtain a TS/SCI with CI Polygraph US Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
US – Ability to obtain Final Clearances (Pre-Start)
Clearance is contingent on clearance verification and customer concurrence.
Basic Qualifications(Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum Bachelors degree or higher in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Must be willing to support a 24/7 on-call rotation environment
- Work related experience with space systems
Preferred Qualifications(Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with spacecraft systems engineering
- May be required to complete a certification/qualification program
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.