Boeing Government Satellites Experimental Systems Group (ESG) has an opportunity for an Experienced Systems Architecture, Modeling & Analysis Engineer (Level 3) to support state-of-the-art satellite systems analysis tasks for the X-37B and/or other proprietary programs in Seal Beach, CA.
Boeings Space & Launch division, Government Satellites, manages the companys major government satellite and ground programs for communications, national defense and other missions. Government Satellites oversees the design, development, manufacture, integration and testing of space systems. Boeing is a world leader in the design, development and manufacturing of satellites for government, civil and commercial
customers. Government Satellites Experimental Systems Group (ESG) has an opportunity for an Mid-Career Systems Architecture, Modeling & Analysis Engineer (Level 3) to support state-of-the-art satellite systems analysis tasks for the X-37B and/or other proprietary programs in Seal Beach, CA.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
- Developing tools and performing analyses for end-to-end space system architecture including: system utility, throughput
- and capacity, and resource utilization.
- Supporting system-level CONOPS development, functional analysis and requirement decomposition.
- Supporting complex space-based architecture trade studies.
- Developing analysis tools and 3D visualizations using MATLAB, STK, and custom object-oriented software.
- Communicating (both written and verbal) clear and crisp insights and observations based on complex analytical models
- and technical data interpretation to senior-level leadership and external customers.
- Supporting the parallel execution of multiple, diverse, complex analysis tasks.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers.
Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active/current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic (Required) Qualifications
- Requires successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in engineering classification.
- Experience in engineering modeling and/or analysis with computer programming of analytical models, simulations, and/or data processing.
- Experience with MATLAB for data analysis and/or modeling and simulation.
- Knowledge of orbital mechanics and the use of STK (Satellite Tool Kit) for analysis and/or visualization.
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- Proficiency in C++ is desirable, or recent experience with other objected oriented programming languages.
- Proactive, self-starting, independent individual with strong interpersonal, analytical, communication, and leadership skills.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelors and 5 or more years experience, Masters degree with 3 or more years experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree
from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.