Flight Test Engineer
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
As a Flight Test Engineer working in the Bombardier Flight Test Center you will have the opportunity to exercise the exceptional theoretical and practical knowledge gained through completion of your engineering degree. This knowledge will directly contribute to the safe and efficient conduct of flight test activities. These activities will support company development or certification testing for the wide range of Bombardier product such as the game changing A220 commercial aircraft (formerly the CSeries), the high-performance Global 5500 and Global 6500 business aircraft, the industry defining Global 7500 and 8000 business jets, and the legendary Learjet 70 and 75 aircraft. You will work side by side with Test Pilots to develop test plans and safety assessments and use your exceptional communication skills to liaise with other functional groups in the test center. The flight test engineer at Bombardier is an operational based role; as such, your easygoing personality and ability to adjust to changing and dynamic environments will be an asset.
This position is based in Wichita, Kansas and will report to the Director of Flight Operations and Engineering.
In your role, you will:
- Conduct test planning, test readiness, safety of flight activities to support test operations
- Operate as a qualified experimental cabin crewmember following appropriate product and safety training
- Support other flight crewmembers with aircraft limitations, special instructions and test procedures
- Operate all cabin experimental provisions and mission specific test instrumentation
- Communicate to engineering and project personnel on the planning, status and results of test execution (ground and/or flight)
- Produce test documentation and reports consistent with approved Bombardier standards
- Oversee and confirm test aircraft configuration for test, including test instrumentation prior to testing
- Undertake preliminary review and processing of specific test planning documents
- Observe and operate within the bounds of Bombardier, Transport Canada and FAA rules and regulations, which includes proper use of safety and risk mitigation methods and the safe operation of equipment
As our ideal candidate,
- You must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline (Aerospace or Aeronautical basis preferred)
- You must have an understanding of common flight test procedures and requirements
- You must have an appreciation for the existence of Transport Canada, FAA and EASA Certification processes and procedures
- You must have demonstrated capacity and skills to prioritize and manage large amounts of information
- You must have interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals, departments and organizations
- You must have well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- You must have an understanding that the flight test environment may require irregular work hours and does require travel
- You must be able to be obtain and maintain a FAA Class 3 Medical Certificate
- You must demonstrate a strong desire to work in a very rewarding engineering based environment at the leading edge of modern aviation platforms
- You have previous exposure to the aviation environment, through personal activities, or through professional requirement (preferred)
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC