Food Services Specialist
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
FOOD SERVICES SPECIALIST
As a Food Services Specialist at SpaceX, This is an entry level position for an individual that enjoys a fast paced, changing environment. They must be comfortable in both Front of House and Back of House roles, and flexible enough to switch from one to the other throughout the day according to specification by leadership. A high level of communication is necessary in this role. Specific daily tasks may change on short notice according to staffing and business needs and include, but are not limited to the following: food preparation, meal delivery, serving guests, maintaining the cleanliness of dining spaces, and stocking or ordering product. This individual should be cross-trained in more than one specific role so that they are able to fill in at a moment’s notice. The Food Services Specialist position supports the mission by providing excellent customer service, quality food and beverage options, and boosting morale and productivity within SpaceX.
- Fill in for different FOH/BOH roles according to the day’s staffing situation
- Assist in the organization and cleanliness of all on-site dining areas
- Coordinate and execute catering requests for meetings
- Oversee maintenance of all beverage stations, including inventory and restocking supplies
- Assist with food preparation according to SpaceX quality and sanitation standards
- Support proper product rotation and delivery
- Follow stocking route, track inventory, and place orders for product as needed
- Act as point of contact for vendors and technicians
- Exercise strong customer service and communication skills
- Meet the time and quality standards set by supervisor for any additional assignments
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 2yrs experience in food preparation or customer service
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A valid ServSafe or state food handler’s card
- Ability to work under pressure and take initiative in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable working in high volume output environment
- Demonstrated excellence in guest service skills: reliable, consistent, informative, and pleasant
- Strong knowledge of styles of service such as casual dining, fine dining, buffet, ala carte, etc.
- Self-motivated and works well with others
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Strong understanding of food safety and sanitation practices
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a continuously-standing position for four or more hours
- Physically capable of performing manual labor tasks (lifting up to 25 lbs.)
- Ability to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)