Government Property Specialist
Boeing Company •
We are hiring a Government Property Specialist for our Manassas, VA office.
The government Property Specialist will administer the terms of contract provisions that specify the companys obligations to acquire, control, use, care for, report and dispose of property.
- Administers the terms of contract provisions that specify the companys obligations to acquire, control, use, care for, report and dispose of property.
- Performs audits, documents processes and procedures and investigates and reports lost or damaged property.
- Provides support, expertise, concepts and formats to enhance and manage information by utilizing off-the-shelf software or Boeing system tools to manage and communicate property information and to establish a property record for company or government property.
- Maintains accountability from initial acquisition to final disposition. Tracks the movement of property by coordinating, preparing and documenting applicable forms to accomplish a change of ownership, accountability or location in accordance with applicable government regulations, customer contracts or corporate policy.
- Determines property acquisition requirements, product availability and authority to fulfill company, program or contractual obligations.
- Ensures that property is allowable, reasonable, allocable and utilized in accordance with company or contract requirements.
- Coordinates the physical inventory of property and reconciles results to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Verifies that property records accurately reflect inventory on hand and that equipment servicing requirements are established by responsible organizations.
- Confirms that work is scheduled and performed in accordance with applicable government regulations, customer contracts, corporate policy or recommended industry standards Reviews records for accuracy and reviews processes for compliance to established procedures and guidelines.
- Participates in the development and implementation of tools, processes and procedures. Handles disposition of property identified by company, legal or contractual requirements in accordance with procedures.
- Completes all property related activities at completion or termination of contract including disposition of property.
- Ensures all inventory adjustments, liability determinations and title issues are resolved. Participates in the development and implementation of tools, processes and procedures.
- Bachelor Degree and 6 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years related work experience, 10 years related work experience, etc.).
- five years of equivalent experience with FAR/DFARS compliant government property management processes.
- Expertise in compliance with FAR 52.245-1 and related government property management requirements.
- Strong computer skills are needed, with knowledge of Microsoft Office products and ERP systems.
- Candidate must be a U.S. person
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC