Heavy Equipment Operator - Temporary
Launch - Technicians and Trade Skills
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR - TEMPORARY
- Operate heavy equipment in compliance with the company operating safety policies and procedures
- Conduct routine equipment inspections and preventative maintenance on equipment
- Move and position raw materials and finished components with use of material moving equipment
- Support inspection and maintenance of hydraulic and crawler cranes
- Tilt, dip and turn suspended loads to maneuver over, under and/or around obstacles using multi-point rigging techniques
- Assist with rigging and driving forklifts on top of crane-cab duties
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 6 months
- LOCATION: Brownsville, TX
- SHIFT: 1st, must be available for overtime and weekends as the schedule varies depending on site operational needs; flexibility is required
High school diploma or equivalency certificate
5+ years of experience with heavy equipment operations and maintenance
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience operating crawler cranes and hydraulic cranes
- Experience in rigging
- Experience performing area, volume and grade calculations in the field
- Experience working with delicate lifting operations (ex. wind farms, power plants, oil refinery industry)
- Experience with tear-down and build of crawler cranes
- Ability to calculate and determine appropriate lifting equipment
- Strong working knowledge of lifting signals, and communications
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 50 pounds
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC