Human Resources Intern - Spring 2020
DRS Technologies •
Human Resources Intern - Melbourne, FL - Spring 2020
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.LeonardoDRS.com.
The Human Resources (“HR”) Intern will provide support to the Leonardo DRS business units, DRS Land Electronics and DRS Electro Optical & Infrared Systems, at the Melbourne, FL location. The experience will deliver the opportunity to combine educational curriculum knowledge to practical HR areas including but not limited to employee engagement, talent acquisition, training, learning and development, and implementation of policies and procedures.
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
- Support the HR team with special projects in various functional areas
- Participate in gaining hands-on experience in HR processes, policies and procedures
- Aid in recruiting and talent acquisition process by performing associated tasks, i.e. sourcing, screening, scheduling, interviewing
- Assist in preparation of HR communications, recruitment marketing strategies and employee/organizational branding
- Ensure timely submittal and processing of employee data via HRIS systems (original new hire data and changes, as appropriate)
- Collect data for department related regulatory agencies, i.e., DCAA, EEO, AAP, internal audit teams, etc.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Current undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Industrial-Organizational Psychology or related field of study.
- GPA minimum 3.0
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in the management of sensitive and confidential information
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communications, as well as the ability to interact effectively and professionally
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrate aptitude to analyze and solve problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Leonardo DRS and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LEL #EOIS
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)