Internal Audit and Evaluation Program Manager (IAEP)
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time (Mon through Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm, occasional extended periods of time as necessary)
• Reports To: Director of Safety and Security
• Direct Reports: 1; OQAA at DAY
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: Some travel will be expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the Internal Audit and Evaluation Program (IAEP) Manager, you will impact PSA Airlines’ business growth by managing and implementing the Internal Audit and Evaluation Program. Through your responsibility to the quality of the IAEP you will be confirming that all processes are performing up to standards and that PSA is providing safe and reliable operations.
• Provide effective leadership and management of IAEP.
• Manage the content and currency of the IAEP Manual.
• Ensure auditors are trained and evaluated to perform audit duties in accordance with standards and procedures as established through IAEP.
• Develop and execute the IAEP and input audits into the SMS.
• Participate in SMS data analysis group meetings.
• Facilitate the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) as the Lead Auditor.
• Facilitate the Department of Defense Audit (DOD).
• Facilitate and Lead an annual IAEP Planning Meeting.
• Respond to special audit requests from senior management.
• Review audit and evaluation results, recommendations, and responses.
• Identify significant findings to senior management.
• Communicate and coordinate with system, process, and function owners to ensure that hazards identified during audits are mitigated.
• Ensure follow-up audits or evaluations are completed as required.
• Ensure compliance levels are accurately documented and reported.
• Report unresolved instances of inadequate corrective action/responses to the VPOS.
• Ensure audit and evaluation records are maintained and current.
• Present audit and evaluation trend data to senior management.
• Communicate and coordinate with FAA, DOD, IATA and Auditing Organizations as required.
• Ensure communication and coordination with operational, maintenance, and security managers in the management of operational risk.
• Assist with the OSHA Compliance Management and tracking of injuries.
• Coordinate, track and report all injury/illness, accident and incident reports and investigations.
• Assist with maintaining the Safety Policy and Procedures Manual.
• Prepare and distribute reports to federal, state and local safety authorities as required.
• Responsible for the Company’s Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• In absence, the Vice President of Safety will handle and re-assign tasks.
• Performs any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.