At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Job description and responsibilities:
The IT Technician is responsible to deliver IT services, to support end users and to contribute to IT Intl projects within the assigned region or, as needed, occasionally in other regions.
The ITT is responsible for:
- Deploy and administer IT systems in the assigned region, including end-user desktops/laptops, computing servers, network equipment, voice and video hardware and mobile devices.
- Perform incident resolution or, when needed, escalation to the appropriate group.
- Interact with regional Support Coordinators and Service Fulfillment Analysts to track and prioritize incidents and tasks in the ticket queues.
- Execute software installation and deployment to computing systems.
- Execute asset change tasks and reflect such changes in appropriate databases.
- Provide IT consultation to the end user.
- Distribute new user IT starter package and provide initial user IT orientation.
- Provide technical services & support for a state of the art, multimedia event center for corporate events & customers.
- Ensure security and policy compliance while performing technical tasks.
- Participate in regional and cross-regional technical meetings.
- Contribute updates to technical documentation, procedures and process definitions.
- Perform emergency or periodically planned information systems administration tasks, maintenance/upgrades and configuration changes.
- Conduct systems performance analysis and provide feedback to functional leads and colleagues in the Continual Service Improvement function.
- Contribute to IT International projects as needed and as coordinated by the assigned project manager, etc.
The IT Technician reports to the Regional Operations Manager and receives functional guidance from the Technical Leads. The ITT frequently interacts with end users, Service Fulfillment Analysts, Support Coordinators, Technical Leads, IT Intl Project Managers, ECST focal and external service providers. Some business travel may be required, as driven by business needs. Special project assignment, backfill requirements or rotations may require short-term assignments to other sites and regions. Significant flexibility is expected to perform off-hours activities, both on site and remotely.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in China (Zhousan) where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
- Extensive IT technical support skills with superior knowledge of operating systems and software
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Customer focused with strong customer service skills and the ability to apply sensitivity and discretion when required.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks at once and meeting commitments; positive attitude even in a stressful situations.
- Dynamic and proactive attitude, flexibility.
- High level of energy, enthusiasm and passion highly desirable.
- Process oriented.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Strong sensitivity for cultural differences and significant global acumen.
- At least three years hands-on experience in enterprise IT infrastructure support and service delivery.
- Experience with multimedia / audio visual software and hardware.
- Computing or engineering degree is preferred.
- Professional technical certifications are highly desirable.
- Previous experience working in a global IT team highly is desirable.