Inflight Services Supervisor
• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule: Full Time (expectation of occasional on site office coverage on evenings and weekend as job duties demand, days and hours of work in the office environment are based on a rotating schedule)
• Reports To: Assistant Director of Inflight Service
• Direct Reports: Varies per month
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: Occasional out-of-area and overnight travel may be required (up to 50% of the work week)
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Charlotte, NC – Charlotte hosts one of PSA’s senior bases. It is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and the third-fastest growing major city in the United States. Nicknamed the “Queen City,” this city upholds rich history and southern hospitality. You will enjoy the food scene, art and history. Home of the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Motor Speedway, NASCAR Hall of Fame and Carolinas Aviation Museum, this city offers an abundance of activities.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Inflight Supervisor directly reports to their assigned Inflight Services Duty Manager and is responsible for serving as the liaison with local and system departments, e.g., Scheduling, OCC, Ramp Control, Passenger Service, Ramp Service and the Inflight Department. This is a high-energy, fast-paced job that is responsible for providing essential support for the operation and frontline Inflight Employees (Flight Attendants).
• Responsible for assuring that the highest standards of safety compliance and customer service are met by flight attendants
• As the front line face of Inflight Management, Supervisors must be able to maintain a professional image and demeanor at all times. Supervisors should care for their customer’s needs in a resourceful, and gracious manner. Supervisors must take specific and immediate action to resolve conflict amongst all customers, external and internal
• Maintains a calm and professional demeanor while demonstrating strong interpersonal skills
• Responds to Flight Attendant needs, questions and requests in a timely manner
• Acts as a liaison between Inflight, other departments and Station Personnel
• Provides Inflight Service assistance for inbound and outbound flights, e.g.; Flight Attendant injuries and aircraft emergencies. Responds quickly and effectively to unplanned events encountered in a fast paced Aviation environment to include handling Crew conflict, and emergency situations.
• Conducts coaching and counseling, on Flight Attendant performance, attendance and appearance when needed
• Lead and conducts investigations regarding Flight Attendant performance and attendance with direction of the Inflight Services Duty Manager
• Provides feedback to the Inflight Services Duty Managers regarding employee performance and attendance
• Tracks and follows up on delays that have been coded to Inflight to affect a positive change in key performance indicators (KPI)
• Works with Inflight personnel to maximize their performance potential with regards to timeliness and attendance to include providing follow up on reliability related issues
• Conducts daily Concourse audits in the terminal which includes; meeting aircraft and crew on the concourse, checking for Flight Attendant compliance and supporting the operational needs to include pre-boarding aircraft, helping with putting away catering items, supplying needed documents to the crewmembers, assuming the role of Flight Attendant in the absence of available crewmembers.
• Maintains visibility throughout the concourse and in the crew rooms for at least one hour per day
• Travels offsite to conduct station visits to audit performance and build relationships in outstations
• Conducts Observation flights each month which includes; occupying a passenger seat, evaluating service, providing education to the Crewmembers, check compliance and act as a Crewmember in the event of emergency.
• Coordinates activities of department with related activities of other departments to ensure efficiency and economy
• Prepares reports and records on department activities for upper management
• Acts as a liaison between Inflight Operations and the Inflight Standards and Training groups to ensure that best practices are implemented, and to provide feedback regarding real world implementation and performance of new or changed procedures
• Supervisors are responsible for managing all areas of Line Flight Attendant performance while sustaining a high level of cooperation, communication and professionalism between Line Flight Attendants and Inflight Management. Therefore, Supervisors will frequently work throughout the flying system with brief office duties.
• May be utilized as a witness to disciplinary meetings or conduct meetings
• Interface with other departments to ensure manual consistency
• May act in the role of Inflight Services Duty Manager during an absence of said person when prior delegation of duties has been arranged with the Assistant Director of Inflight Services
• Performs other duties as required
• Retain qualification and currency as a PSA Airlines Flight Attendant on all aircraft types to which flight attendant personnel are assigned. Meet all physical and safety sensitive requirements of the Flight Attendant position.