At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Help create the ground station of the future for unmanned vehicles. Find your future with us!
The Boeing Company is currently seeking self-motivated a System Design & Integration Specialist to join the Mission Systems Operations group located in Herndon, VA. System Design and Integration Specialist to support end-to-end solutions in a growing portfolio that provides operations and engineering improvements of a mission-critical system in a dynamic real-time operations environment.
As a member of the Mission Systems Operations Team, you are an integral part in developing hardware and software solutions for proprietary programs for our client. We translate customer needs into detailed requirements for system integrated designs including system architectures for current operations and program growth, facility design, hardware selection, software selection/development, system integration, testing and operations/maintenance.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform system integration, hardware and software installation, configuration and disposition of servers and workstations to support the architecture
- Install, configure and maintain multiplatform systems hardware, software and components
- Plan, develop, design, integrate and maintain all computer applications, including specialized applications specific to the program’s objectives
- Plan and coordinate highly complex software and hardware for enterprise release
- Ensure systems conform to architectural objectives
- Evaluate complex systems production readiness and supportability
- Perform the restoration of complex computing service operations
- Perform complex system problem identification and resolution
- Integrate security solutions into information systems
- Monitor system performance to support capacity planning, backup and disaster recovery planning
- Experience in both Windows and Linux administration, or one with the ability to learn
- Performs product and component management to ensure technical viability and cost-effectiveness from the point where it is evaluated through implementation and support, to retirement
- Uses technical expertise to help business partners and others by answering technical questions regarding the usage, trouble-shooting and functionality of delivery systems products to ensure effective implementation and usage of delivery system products
- Applies knowledge of computing systems to choose appropriate troubleshooting techniques to resolve complex, escalated delivery systems problems
- Works with appropriate product supplier for enhancements and issues not resolved in-house
- Chooses appropriate computing products and methods to ensure requirements are met for security, problem management, capacity/performance management and operational management
- Documents resolutions/analyses according to support procedures
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires an active Top Secret/SCI U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.) This Position is contingent on clearance verification, adjudication and customer concurrence.
- Experience with COTS Integration in a Linux or Windows environment
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience, 9 years related work experience, etc.)
- Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.