DRS Daylight Solutions is a subsidiary of Leonardo DRS. Our mission at DRS Daylight Solutions is to be the leading provider of best in class, mid-infrared sources and systems for defense, commercial, and research markets. Our global leadership position in advanced, mid-IR technology means that DRS Daylight Solutions customers benefit from a sustainable, competitive advantage in molecular detection and imaging applications.
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A., which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture, which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
Job Location: San Diego, CA
The Manufacturing Laser Technician at DRS Daylight Solutions will be responsible for material preparation, electro-optical-mechanical assembly, laser alignment, test and calibration, along with data collection and analysis in a manufacturing environment. The candidate will also perform rework on assemblies and/or systems in response to failures and nonconformance. This position requires a self-motivated, ambitious technician with the ability to work in a busy and rapidly changing manufacturing environment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under supervision, build and test electro-optical assemblies, and laser systems to meet performance specifications.
- Set-up and align optical diagnostic equipment given test requirements.
- Troubleshoot and perform problem isolation on modules and sub-assembly components.
- Collect and evaluate test and build data to ensure process control and product quality based on specific procedures and processes.
- Maintain data systems to record and report test results.
- Provide technical input and suggestions on process/procedural improvements.
- Analyze equipment performance and schedule maintenance and calibration as required.
- Utilize online databases to transact material, and review drawings and bills of material.
- Perform failure analysis and determine root cause with minimal instructions.
- Able to work extended hours if necessary.
- Maintain a professional workspace and environment.
- Must use optical, mechanical, and electrical tools and test equipment for measurement, alignment, and testing.
- AS degree or comparable level laser or optics courses is required.
- Experience in laser, photonics or high technology manufacturing is a plus.
- Previous experience with Mid-IR lasers, work at a start-up company, and/or work on new products is beneficial.
- Must be a US Person.
- Position does not provide sponsorship.
- Lifting: yes 25 lbs 0-25
- Walking: yes 0-50
- Climbing: yes 0-10
- Bending: yes 0-10
- Sitting: yes 0-50
- Standing: yes 0-50
- Stooping: yes 0-10
- Kneeling: yes 0-10
- Travel: no
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. DLS