Maintenance Pathways Program Recruiter • Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time (expectation of occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand)
• Reports To: Manager of Maintenance Pathways Program
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: up to 70% of the time
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Maintenance Pathways Program Recruiter will lead the sourcing, screening, interviewing, and offer stages of Maintenance Military Transition Program candidates.
• Assist the Manager of Maintenance Pathway Programs in efforts to build an effective recruiting plan to attract top talent based on forecasted headcount, turnover and changing talent needs.
• Proactively source and identify active and passive candidates leveraging a wide variety to tools and techniques (social media, search engines and job boards) to build and maintain a quality pipeline, fostering long-term relationships with current and potential candidates.
• Identify, attract, and recruit transitioning or transitioned active, guard, and reserve military personnel.
• Identify and attend networking activities such as military career fairs, professional associations, technical schools, outplacement services, etc.
• Keep abreast of labor trends; know where the best supply of talent is in the marketplace.
• Build and maintain a quality pipeline through fostering long term relationships with potential candidates, military installations, and veteran service organizations.
• Review and qualify applicants based on application / resume, track record / experience, and pre-screening assessments.
• Conduct thorough phone/video interviews to recommend qualified candidates.
• Assess candidates technical, functional knowledge and leadership skills through a combination of behavioral and competency based interviews.
• Gather feedback from hiring managers and interview teams to make hiring decisions.
• Initiate compelling employment offers to candidates chosen.
• Provide feedback and hiring information to all applicants to ensure a positive candidate experience regardless of selection decision.
• Accountable to timely and accurate communication to all key stakeholders in the hiring process.
• Work with Recruiting Coordinators and Human resources to facilitate a smooth transition preparing for candidates’ first day of work.
• Update Application Tracking System (ATS) with candidate status updates immediately upon receiving notice of information / changes. Every team member is directly accountable for adhering to standard processes for data management.
• Assist with providing leaders weekly activity reports highlighting search progress and disposition of all candidates.
• Analyze recruiting trends, best sources and recruiting metrics to guide the business on when and where to target talent.
• Attend Recruiting meetings, share knowledge and skills with teammates, and contribute to continuous improvement efforts.
• Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures as well as with all applicable external regulations.
• Other projects as assigned.