Maintenance Technical Trainer
PSA Airlines •
• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Work Hours/Shift: Full-time; days and hours vary, primarily Monday-Friday with flexibility to support training events
• Reports To: Manager of Maintenance Training
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Some assistance available
• Travel: Some travel required (15%)
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Charlotte, NC – Charlotte hosts one of PSA’s senior bases. It is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and the third-fastest growing major city in the United States. Nicknamed the “Queen City,” this city upholds rich history and southern hospitality. You will enjoy the food scene, art and history. Home of the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Motor Speedway, NASCAR Hall of Fame and Carolinas Aviation Museum, this city offers an abundance of activities.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As a Technical Trainer you will impact PSA Airlines’ safety of our customers and employees; ensuring Maintenance Technicians are trained in policy, procedure, safety, etc., as described by the Federal Aviation Regulations. You will promote and direct successful student learning; keeping with the learning-centered values and goals of the maintenance training department.
• Teach formal classroom training courses such as but not limited to policy, procedures, all aircraft systems and procedures, maintenance paperwork, safety, Human Factors, test equipment, run/taxi operations, recurrent training, and other subjects to company and vendor personnel
• Promoting sound operational judgement and a safety oriented attitude throughout the organization
• Display conduct in the most professional manner possible with students and coworkers
• Consistently prove and lead by example that safety, quality, and efficiency are our highest goals
• Assist with revising curriculum and training methods / structure, serve as subject matter expert
• Keep classroom environment neat and well organized in appearance, thus projecting the trainer and company in a professional manner
• Schedules classes based on classroom and equipment availability
• Proper completion of training documentation and attendance records
• Assist with the maintenance, upkeep, security, and auditing of training records
• Other duties as assigned by the MTM or his designee
• High school diploma or equivalent
• FAA Airframe & Powerplant License
• Ability to work different shifts
• 4 years’ experience in the maintenance of transport category aircraft
• Previous experience teaching or conducting classroom training
• At least 2 years’ experience in a relevant aviation field
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite and MS Windows
• Technical or college degree in aviation, education, or closely related discipline
• Hands on experience working as an A & P Maintenance Technician (supervisory capacity desirable)
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Interpersonal skills
• Able to work and cooperate well with others
• Able to work independently
• Proficient in delivery of presentations and reports
Work Environment: This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 40 lbs.; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC