Manufacturing and Production - Operations
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANUFACTURING SPECIALIST – PRECISION TUBE SHOP
- Resolve manufacturing issues, disposition nonconforming parts, perform root cause analysis, and implement robust corrective actions
- Support development builds and tests to validate non-conformance conditions and qualify new weld development processes
- Provide recommendations for tooling design and improvement, based on analysis and data.
- Design tooling for new and existing products to support rate production
- Implement standard practices, process improvements, and standard repair procedures for TIG welded assemblies and supporting processes (critical part movement, non-destructive evaluation, etc)
- Create high-quality work orders, engineering masters, and other manufacturing resource planning and product life cycle management systems elements to manufacture fluid system components
- Implement standard practices, troubleshooting guides, and standard repair procedures, including review and approval of planning documents
- Streamline existing production builds to minimize cost while improving quality and efficiency
- Manage resources, plan, and interface with other production groups including external vendors, manufacturing engineers, and technicians
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, math, or science, -or- 2 year technical school degree, -or- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing and process planning role
4 years total experience working in an aerospace manufacturing technician, planning, or direct support role
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience taking products through development cycle to full volume production
- Solid understanding of a variety of manufacturing processes including CNC fabrication, precision cleaning, orbital tube welding (OTW), TIG welding, and assembly
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Hands on experience with TIG welding, Orbital Tube welding, tube bending, precision cleaning and/or supporting processes
- Experience with design for manufacturability and mssembly
- Experience with Siemens NX (UG), Teamcenter CAD, and PDM systems is preferred
- Process development, facility and line layouts
- Lean Manufacturing Tools, PFMEA, Value Chain Mapping, Kanban, OEE and 5S
- Must be open to work either 1st Shift (5:00am-3:30pm) or 2nd Shift (3:30pm-2:00am), overtime and weekends as needed
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight space
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)