Manufacturing Technician III-Semiconductor
DRS Technologies •
LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
Prepare and perform HgCdTe LPE material growth as well as post growth processing. This includes, but is not limited to HgCdTe/CdZnTe material handling, chemicals handling, liquid phase epitaxy (LPE) reactor operation, FTIR measurement, and final material inspection.
Provides technical support to engineers and scientists on moderately complex components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Associates degree in a technical discipline with 5+ yrs. experience (or equivalent education/ experience in the field or in a related area).
- Ability to work with hazardous chemicals
- Compliance with all Personal Protective Equipment requirements
- Diligent attention to details.
- Must have exceptional manual dexterity.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in semiconductor material growth and processing.
- Proficient in math and computer skills such as Windows-based applications
- Work experience in a Class 10000 clean room
- Microscope capability
- Ability to use hand tools
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recognize, communicate, and respond to process deviations and help identify root cause and corrective actions with Engineering staff
- Comprehend and follow process flow Instructions through floor control system, shop processes, machine instructions, as well as other written or verbal instructions
- Able to visually distinguish formation of solid crystal from a liquid
- Manually operate high-vacuum process equipment
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a group setting
- Performing metrology measurements on product
- Product preparation and cleaning using acids and solvents
- Run verification tests on processing equipment and enter data in SPC charts.
- Other duties as assigned
- Lifting – Ability to lift 25 lbs occasionally (less than 5% per week)
- Stooping, Kneeling- Ability to stoop or kneel while assembling or troubleshooting electro-mechanical equipment occasionally. (less than 5% per week)
- Must be able to work in a class 1000 environment and wear, smock, hair net, safety glasses, and required shoes.
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC