At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is seeking a Senior Marketing and Sales Representative in Seattle, WA who will be responsible for shaping the market and capturing new business within the Boeing Defense Systems (BDS) Navy - Marine Corp Services with specific focus on C-40 Aviation Sustainment. In this nascent market of cutting edge technology, you will own this portfolio of directed energy business growth for the company.
The Senior Marketing and Sales Representative will be accountable for leading sales and campaign activities for Navy Aviation Sustainment Services as a Capture Team Leader (CTL) in accordance with the Boeing Integrated Business Acquisition Process (IBAP).
- Thorough understanding of the Government (political) / Defense (DoD: US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, and/or USMC) Requirements and Acquisition processes.
- Experience directly interfacing with DoD customers.
- Development of marketing and campaign win strategies that have a substantial impact on shareholder value and enhance warfighter capabilities.
- Identify future business opportunities and promote the value of Boeing portfolio and partnership.
- Initiate and advance customer relationships to be accepted as a trusted business partner by the customer.
- Establishes, maintains, and expands network to proactively identify and address customer needs while keeping lines of communication open
- Primary focus will be to Interface directly with the customer decision makers to shape the market and optimize the business cases for new products, technologies and services.
- Consult and influence decisions of Boeing senior level executives regarding business goals and objectives.
- Leverage detailed understanding of the customers processes, procedures, techniques, organizations and culture - specific knowledge of US Navy, Marine Corp Logistics and acquisition processes.
- Lead review process with management by balancing customer expectations and Boeing resources.
- Lead large program acquisitions (50M+ each)
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- 10 or more years of experience in the acquisition and execution environment within the US Department of Defense (DOD) and/or the Defense Industry
- Experience evaluating new business opportunities
- Experience developing and maintaining close customer relationships
- Experience with marketing and customer engagement
- Experience with DoD, National Systems and commercial customer needs, Boeing products and services and competitive environment
- Leading competitive proposal efforts including organizing, executing and gaining executive approvals
- Experience interfacing directly with senior military officials and executives
- Experience both written and verbal, with public speaking and frequent interactions with senior-level management
- Ability to travel up to 50 domestically
- Willing and able to obtain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance.
- Able to balance the enterprise, business unit and customer goals to meet and drive the Long Range Business Plan (LRBP)
- Good interpersonal, leadership and management skills as well as relentless customer focus are critical.
- Superior written and verbal communication
- Current and active Secret clearance
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years related work experience, Master+12 years related work experience, 18 years related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.