At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us
Boeing Defence UK are looking to hire a number of Aircraft Mechanical Technicians to join our MRO modification, servicing and repair team
- Assembles, disassembles and/or modifies systems by changing, removing, replacing or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes
- Oversees assembly, disassembly or overhaul
- Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment
- Troubleshoots complex pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components
- Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results)
- Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements
- Oversees training. Works under general direction
- We are looking for candidates who have served a recognized relevant trade apprenticeship or trade training equivalent, and be proficient in the interpretation of engineering drawings, workbook instructions and technical manuals
- Must be knowledgeable in aspects of Ch47 aircraft maintenance, modification and repair to include skill and experience in both structural and mechanical system disciplines
- Candidate must have knowledge of general aircraft maintenance and environment processes (FOD control, tool control, health & safety & COSHH
- Successful candidates will conduct the assembly, disassembly, and modification or repair of Ch47 aircraft primary structures and complex aircraft systems to include; hydraulics, flight controls, and propulsion
- You will also perform maintenance activities, fault diagnosis and disturbed system functional tests
- They will work with their peers to perform tasks associated with aircraft safe handling, maintenance and flight servicing
- Must be responsible to ensure established process adherence, accurate and timely work recording and contractual/regulatory compliance
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision with limited direction
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE