Network Engineer - PRIME Contract
Boeing Company •
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TS/SCI WITH FS POLY CLEARANCE**
BI&A is seeking a Network Engineer to join their Prime contract / top-tier team.
DUTIES WILL ENTAIL:
- Leads and coordinates the maintenance of complex network hardware and systems; investigates and resolves complex network and hardware matters of significance; researches, analyzes, isolates and resolves errors; assesses and evaluates current and future systems.
- Provides technical support and guidance on network design issues. Provides problem resolution of complex problems to less experienced personnel.
- Evaluates and tests networking technologies to establish their potential use. Designs appropriate testing routines or scripts; may conduct more complex testing to meet specified requirements.
- Analyzes network documentation and assists in communicating to management regarding the current operational status of networks.
- Determines methods and procedures for new technologies to ensure performance. Determines approach for customer, based on assessment of customer needs.
- Prepares proposal documentation and information to meet customer requirements. Recommends network investment decisions to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future network performance, stability, and network management issues.
- Performs cost analyses and vendor comparisons to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations; measures feasibility of various approaches, makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- 15 years’ experience as a System Administrator or Network Engineer, in programs of similar scope
- Candidate should be experienced in with Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM) and Cisco ASA technologies, specifically NAT and VPN
- Candidate should be familiar with deploying, configuring and maintaining configurations for Nexus 5500 series, various Cisco ASA 5500 series as well as various Cisco Catalyst 3700 and 3800 series
- Candidate should have a strong understanding of switching and routing technologies, remote network management and configuration, and network security - specifically port security
- Good network performance modeling or benchmarking skills
- Skilled in time, priority and task management
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Good communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel
- Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Ability to anticipate problems, resolve ambiguity and take decisive action
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good ability to analyze and solve complex problems using analytical and creative problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of networks
BI&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (PDF)
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)