Bombardier Aviation •
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
The Operations Supervisor will supervise assigned aircraft mechanic employees and be responsible for the daily and overall operations of the aircraft assembly department, to include safety, quality, schedules and personnel.
In your role, you will:
• Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements
• Encourage and promote a safe work environment by supervising a safety/security program which includes operation of support equipment, aircraft systems, 6S, general housekeeping and lean manufacturing. Ensure that regular established safety/security audits are conducted and discrepancies are addressed.
• Perform supervisory responsibilities for assigned employees and area(s), for example, time card and vacation approvals, PMP and 30/60/90 day reviews, opportunities for professional development and training, personnel decisions concerning hire, fire, disciplinary issues, and salary adjustments, as well as employee schedules and leave.
• Supervise and ensure that work is performed in accordance with Quality Manual, Site Operating Procedures and FARs.
• Oversee and manage the resources to maximize productivity and minimize DOI.
• As required, submit requests for engineering support (RED's, RFE's, SRPSA's and installs) in direct support of operations for all product lines.
• Administers team related policies & procedures.
• Manage time keeping system to ensure employee hours are accurate, and track attendance.
• Coordinate technical shop floor issues, such as engineering, specialized tooling requirements, etc.
• Facilitate DMM meetings with all departments & shops.
• Monitor housing and facilities and report any insufficiency.
• Identify and communicate best practices and champion continuous improvement initiatives.
• Engage in BAS Network Database and transfer SAP Work Orders into database.
• Engage in BAS Network Reporting. (Shop Floor Efficiency)
• Communicate track and report aircraft turnover to include in coming and departing aircraft.
• Determine staffing and training needs in order to maintain work force qualifications and productivity.
• Attend recruiting event and create partnerships such as, military, local schools, etc.
• Will be required to act on behalf of Operations Manager during absence.
• Solicit feedback from staff for development of new concepts and actively support and integrate continuous improvement activities into program procedures and processes in order to attain Service Center margins and ensure that efficiency objectives and customer satisfaction index goals are met.
As our ideal candidate,
• You typically have a minimum of 4 years leadership / Supervisory or Lead experience or 7 years Senior Aircraft Assembly Mechanic experience (aviation industry preferred)
• You have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field – preferred
• You have working knowledge of SAP, electronic timekeeping systems and MS Office Suite.
• You have the ability to work varied shifts and/or weekends
• You are familiar with ISO and AS9100 requirements
• You have working knowledge of applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, for example, part 91, 121, 135, and 145 - preferred
• You have working knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety rules and regulations as they apply to workplace safety and environmental aspects of aircraft maintenance operations
• You have working knowledge of process improvement methodology and application.
• You have recruitment and Interviewing skills, with the ability to make sound decisions on hiring.
• You have demonstrated leadership skills necessary to make decisions with sound judgment, train and mentor employees for improved performance, coordinate activities of multiple departments, and guide day-to-day operations successfully.
• You have the ability to forecast labor and skill requirement.
• You have research and analytical skills necessary to collect, analyze, and interpret survey data, customer behaviors, and general trends within the applicable aircraft market.
• You have presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade and/or facilitate discussions with employees and all levels of management.
• You have business writing skills necessary to create various reports and correspondence.
• You are able to perform the role as Operations Manager when needed.
• You have previous experience in a high demanding, schedule oriented environment
• You have interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, all levels of management team, and other departments
• You have customer service skills necessary to modify communication, tone, and presentation to defuse crisis situations with internal and external customers and maintain mutually beneficial customer relations
• You demonstrate strong leadership and coaching skills with the ability to develop people and build a strong team
• You have strong verbal and written communications skills
• You have training skills necessary to provide employee training
• You have planning and organization skills necessary to plan, prioritize and coordinate workload of assigned employees within a multiple project setting
• You have computer skills necessary to learn and / or operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, project, email and web-based applications as well as other operating systems used to manage the maintenance work
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)