Precision Inspector, 2nd Shift (Tuesday - Saturday)
Supply Chain Management
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars
PRECISION INSPECTOR – 2ND SHIFT
- Perform precision inspection verifications on mechanical parts, components, assemblies and materials. May include but is not limited to purchased parts, in-process and final assemblies, and materials for workmanship and conformance to specifications/drawings
- Utilizes inspection equipment such as micrometers, gauge blocks, dial indicators, height gauges, optical comparators, profilometers, and coordinate measuring machines (CMM’s)
- Approves or rejects items and documents inspection results as required
- Performs documentation review and verification of certifications, specifications, and conformance to design and specification requirements
- Communicates with internal customers, and suppliers as required to resolve inspection discrepancies
- Perform surface plate inspection of first article, in-process, and lot sample parts if required
- Use electronic enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to route parts and components to proper departments
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year precision mechanical inspection experience
- Minimum of 1 year of CMM or Romer Arm experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- MODUS Programming experience
- Aerospace precision inspection experience
- ISO 9001 / AS9100 experience
- CMM experience with PC-DMIS software experience
- Romer Arm experience with PC-DMIS software
- Solid computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- DCC (Direct Computer Control) experience
- Statistical process control experience a plus
- Ability to detect design and drawing flaws
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specification using ASME Y14.5. GD&T and skillful use of metrology tools and gauges
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Ability to work all required shift hours as well as overtime, weekends, and as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC