Press Brake Operator
Launch - Technicians and Trade Skills
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRESS BRAKE OPERATOR
- Prepare and run complex bend setups and forming operations. This includes custom punch/die modification used in combination with other tooling (either standard or custom)
- Day-to-day complex programming using all features of the press brake (bending at angles, step bends, proper back gauge transfer between steps, delays, etc.)
- Read and review blueprint and geometric tolerances to determine how they relate to the finished part
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
High school diploma or GED equivalent
2+ years of experience with both CNC programming and CNC set-up
2+ years of manual brake programming experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of professional experience checking own parts throughout the process
- Professional experience with Amada press brake
- Previous experience and/or thorough understanding of flat pattern layout
- Ability to meet daily/weekly production goals and critical time schedules
- Ability to utilize power tools and hand tools as well as heavy equipment
- Ability to read blueprints and complete basic shop math, along with knowledge of flat pattern layout on sheet metal parts
- 50 hour work weeks on average; schedule varies depending on site operational needs and flexibility required regarding frequent overtime
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small openings, climbing hand over hand, lifting 35 lbs, and working on ladders/lifts at elevated heights
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral, as this team often supports the launch team in FL
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC