**THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET SCI WITH POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE**
This Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) PRIME contract is seeking a Front-End (UI) Software Engineer to join their software development team that provides application development and support to a tool that provides disseminatable data to be conveyed at the absolute first point of relevance allowing mission analytic users to view existing data or contribute new information in a collaborative environment.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
The Front-End (UI) Software Engineer will work with a team of other principal, senior, and junior level contributors to provide development and production support for the customer’s mission applications. The developer will integrate UI components into a geo web-based architecture (which may include the use of cloud technologies) as the task requires. The developer will design, develop, and implement new mission features, interfaces, or code for a map-based application, based on user and customer requirements. The developer will also provide testing, integration, and development support. The developer may also modify the repository schema of an existing application to support new data items, develop new data mining, and data ingest processes for new data.
The experienced front-end developer for the Knowledge Management and Curation GRIFFIN team will develop using React and Redux.
- Provide Front-end (UI) software development and technical services to support the Analytic and Engagement Applications (AEA)
- Collaborate with User Experience design team to increase product’s usability
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Perform software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the application
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
Note: Twenty-four (24) years of SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
BASIC (REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS:
- Technical experience with:
- The individual must be able to work as an individual contributor and in teams, communicate directions, and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
- Ability to serve as a technical lead of multiple software development teams
- Developing applications using ReactJS and Redux.
- Developing GIS web-based applications (particularly Leaflet)
- Developing UI styles using CSS (SASS preferred)
- Developing applications interfacing into Mongo DB / Elasticsearch / SQL
- Developing applications that are 508 compliant
- Experience developing software services and applications within Enterprise Cloud Technologies
- Development of geographic information software solutions by analyzing mission requirements and system performance standards
- Performs software testing and troubleshoots software issues for SIGINT systems using test-driven development frameworks
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Development
- 20+ years’ experience with:
- Serving as the technical lead of multiple software development teams
- Development of software solutions by analyzing system performance standards
- Assisting with development and execution of test procedures for software components
- Designing, developing, and modifying software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Ensuring quality control of all developed and modified software
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitoring their performance
- Writing or reviewing software system documentation
- Experience with consuming and writing web services
- Experience with generating technical documentation
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts for code integration and cron jobs using Bourne Shell, C, or Python and work in a command line environment
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using with Jira and Confluence
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
BI&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (PDF)