SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The Proposal Lead is the most senior member of the Proposal writing Team reporting directly to the SpaceX Proposal Strategy & Capture Manager. The Proposal Lead supports the company’s bids for competitive business opportunities from release of a customer’s requirements through award of a contract. In this role, you’ll prepare compelling, winning proposals that meet/exceed customer requirements and promote the features and benefits of SpaceX’s evolving technology and launch services. You will manage authors from across SpaceX’s technical and business teams as they prepare text addressing specific customer needs. You’ll edit and write technical and non-technical text as necessary to prepare the most compelling possible proposals.
- Organize and align the proposal writing team, proposal authors, and the broader indirect technical and business support team drawn from talent across the company
- Assist in the creation and implementation of win themes that are aligned with the business/capture manager direction
- Support the organization and exercise of “color team” and external non-advocate reviews when appropriate, to elevate proposals to a level that can compete with any comparable Fortune 500 Company product
- Manage section authors from across the company, setting and enforcing deadlines and expectations
- Work with customer teams to shape requests for proposal (RFPs) while in the draft stages
- Ensure proposals comply with customer instructions and align with SpaceX goals
- Help maintain repository of frequently used proposal information
- Support process-improvement efforts that incorporate best practices learned from actual proposal efforts and operational missions back into SpaceX’s sales and proposal development efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- 5+ years of technical writing experience including organizing, managing, and producing multiple large technical proposals concurrently
- Experience with graphics (proposal graphics, renderings, communicating complex information through graphic tools)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience translating complex ideas into readily understood proposals
- Demonstrable editing skills at the organizational, structural, sentence, fact-checking and proofreading levels
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement win themes and understanding of the competitive landscape
- Demonstrated technical project management skills
- Government or commercial space-related experience
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience with government contracts and successful bids
- Experience understanding and adhering to technical RFP instructions and guidance to ensure compliant as well as strong, elevated, technically superior proposals
- Strong creative and technical writing skills, as well as excellent verbal skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC