Quality Inspectors Needed ASAP-Must have aviation experience-Orangeburg, SC
PDS Tech, Inc. •
- In this role you will perform varied tasks associated with visual and dimensional inspection tasks, from first article through final inspection, required in the fabrication and development of composite components and assemblies, bonded parts and other miscellaneous accessories
- Inspects in-process and finished forgings using basic precision measuring instruments (i.e. micrometers, calipers, radius gages, contour gages, guillotine gages), verifying blueprint specifications and part dimensions
- Work from general or written instructions, inspection check sheets, standard inspection directives and procedures.
- Perform in-process, final inspection, and test operations to ensure quality standards for composite component quality of workmanship and functional performance.
- Check composite components and perform part verification regarding locations, parallelism, height, angles and shapes using precision measuring equipment such as gauges, calipers, scales and micrometers.
- Review production difficulties that are traceable to newly-built or faulty tooling, vendor-supplied material and/or manufacturing production procedures.
- Maintain contact with process engineering, manufacturing operations and supplier quality assurance.
- Recommend changes in standards, techniques and procedures as warranted.
- Refer unusual or unacceptable conditions to Supervisor or Quality Technologist.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a corporate culture that supports the Company's overall business objectives and goals by providing leadership in issues that involve cost, quality, processes, schedules and people
- Must have aerospace experience
- At least two (2) to three (3) years direct and progressive experience in hands-on manufacturing and/or quality operation required
- Ability to read and follow detailed work instructions required.
- Ability and willingness to perform a wide range of physical activities, some requiring fine manual dexterity, required to identify non-conformance or other discrepancies in materials and/or processes.
- Ability to work independently from manufacturing sketches or engineering drawings desired.
- Ability to use simple measuring instruments such as tape measures, micrometers, scales, calipers and venire gauges required.
- Requires knowledge of arithmetic involving decimals and fractions and their applications to drawings, sketches and measuring instruments.
- Basic computer literacy is desired.
- Must be willing to work as a team player, as well as independently.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC