At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The F/A-18 Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) Radar Team, (part of Sensor & Special Programs) in the Mission Systems capability, is seeking a motivated level 4 engineer to be the Radar Program Development Lead. This focal position will work closely with Boeing, customer and supplier teams to ensure all non-recurring engineering efforts are completed within the cost, schedule and performance requirements by being responsible/accountable for the day-to-day programmatic execution.
- Leads work with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Leads and coordinates work to analyze and translate requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Leads work to test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Oversees the team that monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Solves problems and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Researches technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
- Makes recommendations for technology investments.
Applicants must have good communication, analytical, and organizational skills and be able to work in a team environment.
This position requires an active Current Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Moderate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience interacting with customers and suppliers.
- Experience with large scale development programs is a plus.
- Knowledge of various engineering disciplines.
- Previous design team or special project team participation is desired.
- Working knowledge of program management fundamentals and earned value management to monitor and assess program execution.
- Knowledge of electronic/electrical systems or subsystems and components including the requirements, operating principles, design variables, performance, and key interfaces.
- Knowledge of how to derive and allocate requirements (e.g., system, sub-system, software) and show traceability throughout the product lifecycle.
- Knowledgeable of how the business and organization operates.
- Knowledgeable of policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and organization.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is provided for qualified candidates.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.