Supply Chain Management
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Acknowledge and take receipt of all incoming materials and packages, identify receipt in ERP system, and sort for transportation to identified location
- Take direction from receiving lead
- Receive all materials/packages and transact receipt in the ERP system
- Create/print routing labels and other required identifiers for the receipt of material/packages
- File and maintain records of incoming paperwork
- Responsible for system integrity in regards to all receipts
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with good practice and procedures
- Verify all material received for conformity with accompanying paperwork, checking for damage, correct part numbers and quantity as required
- Interface with carriers, internal customers, purchasing and other related departments to resolve problems relative to receipt and distribution of material. Processes hold packages within one week
- Perform good housekeeping chores in area
- Operate forklifts and material handling equipment per safety procedures
- Evaluate hazardous receipts, inform requestor, and organize delivery to an appropriate location for hazardous materials
- Coordinate internal receipt pickup and internal delivery service as required
- Collaborate with various internal and external groups to coordinate return shipments
- Review stagnant inventory reports to ensure location accuracy
- High school diploma or GED
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years in a shipping and receiving role
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing, aerospace, automotive, or commercial aircraft environment
- Experience with an ERP system
- Experience with scanning equipment (RF scanner, handheld scanner, etc)
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with the Microsoft suite
- Experience operating a forklift or other material handling motorized vehicles and equipment
- Ability to lift 25-30 lbs., lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be open to working all required shift hours, including overtime and weekends as needed
- Must be willing to work in an open-aired environment, lacking temperature controls
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC