DRS Technologies •
Who is Leonardo DRS?
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide.
But you won’t be a little fish in a big sea, and you won’t go unnoticed. Our business units, DRS Land Electronics and DRS Electro Optical & Infrared Systems have locations in Melbourne, FL, Huntsville, AL, Dallas, TX and Cypress, CA. We collaborate across sites to get the full benefit of the diverse experience of our employees and their talent, allowing our employees to obtain experience and capability outside their typical operations.
Responsible for the full-life cycle recruiting to include posting positions, applicant flow, creative sourcing, pre-screening candidates, interviewing and selection and candidate management. Assist in the development of innovative recruiting strategies to attract top talent for the Company. Lead recruitment and selection processes that are legally compliant and cost effective while meeting established metrics. Maintain accurate records and reports on all phases of the recruitment process.
Primary & Essential Accountabilities:
- Develop and build relationships with hiring managers in order to better understand their business and the roles with the organization
- Work directly with hiring managers to ensure understanding of job specifications and desired qualifications for each position
- Advise hiring managers throughout the hiring process on matters such as interviewing techniques, selection protocols, offer management, etc.
- Partner with HR team to ensure organization’s talent goals are met including internal, external, diversity and early career hiring
- Assist in the development and execution of innovative recruiting strategies to attract top talent for the Company
- Maintain accurate records in the Applicant Tracking System and may produce reports on all phases of the recruitment process
- Participate in job fairs and college recruiting to source potential candidates and promote industry awareness
- Lead recruitment and selection processes that are legally compliant and cost effective while meeting established metrics such as cost per hire, time to fill, etc
- Manage candidate experience so that candidates have a positive impression of the recruitment process including providing status updates, scheduling interviews, making travel arrangements, etc.
- Conduct reference and background checks and may initiate job offers
- May schedule and/or conduct new employee on boarding processes
- May coordinate contingent and retained search firm relationships and placements
- Provide other general human resources assistance as needed within the department
- May maintain contacts with temporary and contract employment agencies and may negotiate employment fee structures
- May focus on high-volume, repeatable or non-exempt hiring
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or related field with 2+ years of experience in human resources preferably in recruitment
- Proven knowledge of state, federal and EEO regulations regarding hiring practices is required
- Experience with full life-cycle recruiting
- Exposure to behavioral interviewing techniques and some experience in sourcing candidates
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and highly developed interpersonal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Leonardo DRS and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. LEL EOIS NIS DRS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC