Recruiting Coordinator - University Program
Human Resources and Office Support
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
RECRUITING COORDINATOR – UNIVERSITY PROGRAM
As a Recruiting Coordinator on the University Program team at SpaceX, your primary responsibilities are to further develop and maintain campus relations, in order to identify top student talent that will contribute to the SpaceX mission. You will also provide support to your recruiting team, which may include but is not limited to, greeting and touring student groups, and assisting with administrative tasks throughout the recruitment process.
- Event coordination for local and non-local campus visits
- Virtually connect with students through various campus recruiting platforms (Piazza, Handshake, etc.)
- Learn about our business to the extent that enables you to speak intelligently about our rockets and spacecraft with students and campus faculty
- Ensure that all students have a positive experience while engaging with SpaceX recruiting teams
- Assist the recruiting team with special projects as needed
degree from an accredited college or university
1+ years of professional or internship experience in a marketing, event planning, human resources, sales, customer service, or administrative capacity
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum GPA of 3.2
- Experience with Piazza, Handshake or other university recruiting platforms
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Outlook and Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to manage multiple on-going projects, be flexible to change, and adapt to shifting priorities
- Team player with a high sense of urgency
- Self-directed, detail-oriented problem solver with a strong passion to contribute to the team’s success
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with tact, diplomacy, and discretion
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels, including senior management, on one-to-one basis and in groups
- Capacity to learn and speak intelligently about our business and the space industry
- Willing to work overtime as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC