At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Located at Bradley International Airport, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Hartford Service Center offers a great place to learn from the best in business aviation. Established in February, 1981 as a 70,000 sq ft facility now boasts 198,000 sq ft. It is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands and Mexico. The facility has received 19 consecutive FAA Diamond Awards and is actively involved in the Hartford community, spearheading programs to create awareness about aviation maintenance among local students and to help close the gender gap in the industry.
In your role, you will:
• Be responsible for ensuring that flight operations aircraft and crew are available to sales directors, interim lift and others.
• Manage several key processes necessary to provide safe, quality and effective use of flight operations aircraft and flight crew for both domestic and international use.
• Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed and that all paperwork is completed accurately.
• Receive and coordinate flight demonstration and other flight requests and requirements.
• Prepare flight itineraries.
• Inform and coordinate with Director of Flight Ops/Chief Pilot on any abnormal matters involving flights or crew.
• Organize details of all flights.
• Arrange Fixed Based Operator (FBO) services, aircraft refueling, parking, hangar space, airport slots, hotels, catering, and customs notification.
• Communicate with customers concerning logistics, flight plans and information.
• Update trip information and convey changes to crew members.
• Uphold current FAA Regulations and department policies specifically regarding safety of flight and crew rest/crew flight duty limitations.
• Maintain records of all flights.
• Record flight details, including identities of passengers, hours flown, fuel used, and itinerary stops.
• Prepare summary reports of flight for the FAA and the company, as required.
• Coordinate with the Training Officer on pilot training schedules.
• Coordinate with the Manager of Maintenance on the aircraft maintenance schedule.
• Work a schedule of 3-12 hour shifts: Thursday (9AM - 9PM), Friday (7PM - 7AM), Saturday (7PM - 7AM). Must be available for 1 hour on Monday morning's to debrief team on weekend progress.
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
- You have at least 2-3 years of Aviation scheduling/dispatching experience, 5 Years preferred.
- You are available after regular hours, including weekends and holidays, on a rotation basis, to deal with any operational issues and coming up with efficient recovery plans. Overnight shift may be required.
- You have working knowledge of Part 91 scheduling, FAA regulations, aircraft performance, runway/airport analysis, weather and NOTAMS.
- You have working knowledge of visa requirements, international regulations, logistic applications, forward planning abilities to ensure cost effectiveness.
- You have working knowledge of Scheduling software.
- You have FOS experience - preferred.
- You have Aircraft Dispatcher certification - preferred.
- You have a Bachelors’ degree in Aviation or Business - preferred.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC