DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.LeonardoDRS.com.
Perform complex tasks to include non-standard reports and analysis of the impact of various projects and transactions.
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
- Perform complex tasks to include non-standard reports and analysis of the impact of various projects and transactions
- Audit accounts to ensure adherence to corporate policy
- Conduct cost systems studies
- Ensure integrity of expense, tax, insurance, overhead, accounts payable & receivables, and special fund amounts
- May lead tasks or aspects of a task or project; provide guidance to less experienced staff members
- Recommend improvements to accounting policies and procedures
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Conduct and document financial and operational audits
- Examine records and evaluate procedures to determine the effectiveness of financial controls Rev January 2018 Accountant III
- Test accounting and operational procedures to verify that they are meeting established standards. Ensure compliance with applicable laws, procedures and policies
- Prepare findings and recommendations for improvement to management
- Support operations management by evaluating existing business practices and recommending improvements
- Work with external auditors and internal resources to respond to requests for information
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 5+ years directly related experience, preferably in a government contracting environment
- Thorough knowledge of financial and accounting practices and procedures
- Understanding of governmental regulations and reporting requirements
- Lifting 0-10 lbs – 0-10%
- Walking – 0-25%
- Standing – 0-25%
- Sitting – 75-100%
- Bending – 0-10%
- Stooping – 0-10%
Leonardo DRS and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LEL #EOIS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC