At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
BDS Material Cost Analysis (MCA), St. Louis Team is seeking a Team Lead for the Weapons Program, providing exposure to program leadership and a diverse customer base. The Team Lead will have exposure to F-15, F-18 and Development programs as we continue to leverage functional excellence and best practices across the teams.
- Lead task and people effectively and create group cohesion
- Coordinate and communicate effectively across functions, with various levels of management and with external customers
- Work independently and manage multiple projects
- Proactively work issues with minimal direction
- Analyze data, summarize findings, and provide recommendations
- Coordinate and interface with Finance, Supply Chain Management, Engineering and other functional organizations to support and analyze the material/supplier cost and schedule data for contracts and programs. This includes familiarity with preparation and maintenance of time-phased material-related dollar budget baselines, analyzing performance and supporting the development of Estimates at Complete (EAC).
- Present the Material EAC at Leadership Reviews.
- Ensure Sox EAC & Govt. compliance for procured costs.
- Maintain Supply Chain EVM baseline
- Inform the Revenue and Cash forecasting processes.
- Sustain the Priced Bill of Material post settlement, reconciling deliverables to supplier payments and accounting actuals, performing supplier invoice tracking and liquidation reconciliation and developing monthly material dollar expenditure forecasts.
- Provide leadership on various MCA projects and process improvements.
- Champion business partnering and communication with our program and other functions.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 or more years of experience in a finance related position such as Financial Operations, Cost Management, Accounting, Estimating, Financial Planning, Contracts or Procurement Financial Analysis (PFA)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel application using: formulas, VLookups, pivot tables, charts, filters, and linking worksheets
- Experience multi-tasking and working in a team environment
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships and partnerships with senior executives, customers, stakeholders, peers, and business partners
- 3 or more years of Estimate at Completion (EAC) experience.
- Willing and able to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively to reach decisions that are mutually acceptable
- Preferred Degree BS or higher, in one of the desired field of studies (finance, accounting, mathematics, or economics)
- Material Cost Analysis experience or a combination of Material Estimating, Material Accounting and/or Financial Controls.
- Leadership skills, analytical capabilities, prior use of (Cognos, EAS, MRP, CSPR),
- EVM experience
- Flexibility, initiative, detail orientation, and willingness to learn new areas are essential requirements to successfully perform in this dynamic and exciting environment.
- Experience with material cost management, supply chain analysis, supply chain management or finance
Typical Education and Experience:
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 10 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+8 years related work experience, 14 years related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.